News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

North Korean missile launch

Started by Weatherman, April 04, 2009, 10:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weatherman

QuoteSEOUL, South Korea – North Korea defiantly carried out a provocative rocket launch Sunday that the U.S., Japan and other nations suspect was a cover for a test of its long-range missile technology.

Liftoff took place at 11:30 a.m. (0230GMT) Sunday from the coastal Musudan-ri launch pad in northeastern North Korea, the South Korean and U.S. governments said.

Japan immediately called for an emergency session of the U.N. Security Council.

The multistage rocket flew over Japan and landed in the Pacific Ocean, the Japanese broadcaster NHK said, citing its government.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_nkorea_missile

Razgovory

Guess they didn't try to shoot it down after all.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2009, 11:18:01 PM
Guess they didn't try to shoot it down after all.
They were only going to try and shoot it down if it was going to land on Japan.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

I think that North Korea needs to be freed.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Tamas

Quote from: Siege on April 05, 2009, 02:06:31 AM

No oil - no freedom.

BTW, Dream of Mirrors is an excellent song.

FunkMonk

Do you mean its people liberated from the shackles of totalitarianism or freed from the confines of the physical world?  :huh:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 05, 2009, 10:39:29 AM
Do you mean its people liberated from the shackles of totalitarianism or freed from the confines of the physical world?  :huh:
The second.  The North Korean people have been psychologically crippled by their government, and will be incapable of functioning as humans after they are freed.  It would make more sense to exterminate them and then have the Japanese recolonize the territory.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Both!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2009, 10:43:38 AM
The second.  The North Korean people have been psychologically crippled by their government, and will be incapable of functioning as humans after they are freed.  It would make more sense to exterminate them and then have the Japanese recolonize the territory.
The Japanese would have to start having children again if they want to start colonizing anywhere.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 05, 2009, 11:58:30 AM
The Japanese would have to start having children again if they want to start colonizing anywhere.
Indeed.  Because it would be impossible for Japanese people to live at a lower density than they do right now.  In fact, those ages when they had a lower population density never happened.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habsburg

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

The psychological crippling thing isn't as true as people think.  I believe it was until the 1990s.  The famine forced some trade in border regions and produced so many refugees and so much contact with China that people aren't anywhere near as isolated as they're commonly thought, or once were.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 28, 2009, 06:13:17 PM
The psychological crippling thing isn't as true as people think.  I believe it was until the 1990s.  The famine forced some trade in border regions and produced so many refugees and so much contact with China that people aren't anywhere near as isolated as they're commonly thought, or once were.
I read an interesting article in the Atlantic a few years back about how North Koreans had a difficult time adjusting to life in the South, and violence rates are so much higher for them due to their inability to handle conflict in a free society.