News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WTF is wrong with Germany?!

Started by Tamas, May 30, 2011, 03:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: Zanza2 on May 30, 2011, 07:43:47 AM
Fukushima was just the catalyst of this policy by the way. In 2002, the government agreed with the nuclear industry to phase out nuclear power by 2022. In 2010, the current government decided to prolong the lifetime of some reactors by up to 14 years. Now they go back to the original date of 2022. So what you guys seem to think of as a new policy is actually already almost 10 years old.

Stop trying to give a German's perspective on Germany  :mad:
Que le grand cric me croque !

Tamas

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 30, 2011, 07:51:50 AM
Quote from: Zanza2 on May 30, 2011, 07:43:47 AM
Fukushima was just the catalyst of this policy by the way. In 2002, the government agreed with the nuclear industry to phase out nuclear power by 2022. In 2010, the current government decided to prolong the lifetime of some reactors by up to 14 years. Now they go back to the original date of 2022. So what you guys seem to think of as a new policy is actually already almost 10 years old.

Stop trying to give a German's perspective on Germany  :mad:

Do you want to know a German who tried to gave the German perspective on Germany to the world?

Hitler

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2011, 07:49:12 AM
Another luddite shit from Europe:
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/news/110529_Field_destroyed

One year's worth of scientific work is destroyed by a few punks, who by the way, in their green fury, used PESTICIDES to kill the crops
:bleeding: Fucktards
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2011, 04:30:56 AM
So? Your country is hindering stem cell research out of ignorance too. Every country is full of ignorant fucks. They are called "voters".

I don't know, I think most reasonable people would have some tinge of moral feeling over the creation or destruction of human embryos for research purposes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2011, 08:58:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2011, 04:30:56 AM
So? Your country is hindering stem cell research out of ignorance too. Every country is full of ignorant fucks. They are called "voters".

I don't know, I think most reasonable people would have some tinge of moral feeling over the creation or destruction of human embryos for research purposes.

Bullshit.  We cannot afford a Feoetus Gap.

Tamas

Personally, I have a moral feeling over letting the victims of various gruesome diseases and forms of cancer suffer because we won't touch embryos who would not even come to existence if not for this research.

I would take any opposers of stem cell research to say it to the face of someone with a probably cure-able but presently horrendous condition that he/she and his/her brethren with the same problem are much less important than never-born embryos.

The Larch

What's the problem with stem cell research in Hungary?

Tamas

Ed Anger

Mart just wants some vat grown feet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2011, 09:07:50 AM
Personally, I have a moral feeling over letting the victims of various gruesome diseases and forms of cancer suffer because we won't touch embryos who would not even come to existence if not for this research.
I disagree.  Not so much about the embryos, which I couldn't care less about, but rather about the diseases.  Without war and disease, how will we keep our numbers in check?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2011, 09:21:22 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 30, 2011, 09:19:54 AM

que?

The hindering Mart is talking about.

Martinus

Agelastus

Quote from: jamesww on May 30, 2011, 07:14:30 AM
And you think the UK energy/power generation policy over the last couple of decades has been sensible ?  :hmm:

I believe my phrase "idiotic dash for gas" adequately expressed my general feelings concerning British energy policy; the only decent decision made in the last two decades was the one to build new nuclear plants, and that is now endangered by a bunch of panicking retards.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2011, 09:44:38 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 30, 2011, 09:42:40 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2011, 09:21:22 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 30, 2011, 09:19:54 AM

que?

The hindering Mart is talking about.

I was talking to Timmah.

Sorry then, Tamas, I thought that he was talking with you.  :blush:

CountDeMoney

We scrapped plans for a 3rd reactor at Calvert Cliffs, because the shareholders didn't want to pony up the $800 million marker for the 10 year federal loan guarantee, and because natural gas prices are so low.

So much for forward thinking.