Consumer choices, socio-political consciousness and you

Started by Martinus, May 29, 2011, 04:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2011, 07:19:36 PM
As hawtly cool as Ramona was, and as adorable as little Knives was, I really wanted to bang Bad Mood Julie.
I just wanted to punch Scott Pilgrim in his stupid po-face.

Well, okay, of course it's not all I wanted to do.  But it moved to the top of the list really fast.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Politics has no bearing whatsoever on my purchasing decisions.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on May 29, 2011, 07:51:23 PM

I don't get the hate. But then you probably identified with Brandon Routh's character.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 31, 2011, 12:56:43 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 29, 2011, 07:51:23 PM

I don't get the hate. But then you probably identified with Brandon Routh's character.  :rolleyes:
No, I identified with a nonexistent character that would have fucked Knives' brains out and not been overly concerned with the admittedly hot but overly problematic hipster bitch whose personality traits began and ended at "chimeric hair color."

Although Todd Ingram was pretty great, yeah.  Sometimes you eat a pizza with sausage on it because you didn't read the box.  It's no reason to take the powers away.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 31, 2011, 01:07:05 AM
No, I identified with a nonexistent character that would have fucked Knives' brains out and not been overly concerned with the admittedly hot but overly problematic hipster bitch whose personality traits began and ended at "chimeric hair color."

:lol:  Amen.

Chicks that dye their hair are just drama issues waiting to happen.

HVC

You'd pick the skinny crazy/needy Asian? Really? Have you learned nothing Ide :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on May 31, 2011, 06:27:49 AM
You'd pick the skinny crazy/needy Asian? Really? Have you learned nothing Ide :lol:

Crazy/needy Asians let you do anything you want with them.  It just comes with a price, that's all.

HVC

So do crazy needy white chicks, but on a whole crazy Asians are just... I don't know, crazier. There's needy call ya at two in the morning to see what you're doing crazy (white chick) and there's needy show up at your door at two in the morning crying because you didn't answer your phone crazy (Asian).
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on May 31, 2011, 06:34:25 AM
So do crazy needy white chicks, but on a whole crazy Asians are just... I don't know, crazier. There's needy call ya at two in the morning to see what you're doing crazy (white chick) and there's needy show up at your door at two in the morning crying because you didn't answer your phone crazy (Asian).

:lol:

And then you let her in, and she lets you fuck her in the ass.  Because then she knows you care.

Caliga

I buy my chicken and duck eggs from a farmer a few miles away.  I know they're free range because we visit the farm to buy the eggs.  We bought some beef from a local producer over the weekend who claims his meat is antibiotic and hormone-free and entirely grass fed.  I don't know about the former claims but the cattle are clearly out grazing on grass when you drop in.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

As long as they stay skinny, crazy, and needy, everything is fine.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on May 31, 2011, 06:34:25 AM
You've got no sense of romance, man.  That's just sweet.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on May 31, 2011, 11:20:26 AM

:wacko:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on May 31, 2011, 11:20:26 AM

is it like the fire pyramid where if one wall falls it all fails? :lol:

Stay away from the crazy asians. talk to Cdm if you need to. he has a support group ;) :D