Consumer choices, socio-political consciousness and you

Started by Martinus, May 29, 2011, 04:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: dps on June 01, 2011, 09:09:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2011, 04:08:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2011, 03:22:38 PM
Isn't he from West Virginia?  Maybe that's the cause.

Lived my first 20 years there.  Then moved to Wilmington, Delaware for 8 years.  I've been in Cincy since then.  None of those three places have many Asians. 

When I went to Marshall you could probably count the total number of Asian students on one hand.   Delaware wasn't much different in that respect-- in fact, Jews were the closest thing to a minority at UD.

I don't know about the Huntington area specifically, but while there aren't a huge number of Asians in WV, I certainly talked to several Asian chicks when I lived there.

Well, it just never happened for me.  There was a Filipino chick who went to my elementary, Jr. High & High School.  I was friends with her little brother for a while but she was a year older than me & pretty hot, so she was way out of my league.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 31, 2011, 05:52:25 PM
I've noticed a Slavic influx in the Dayton Area recently. Seen my first Slav guy with open shirt, wifebeater and gold chain. And a Merc.

It has also hit down here, apparently.  At the Reds game last night, a gal named Desislava served me a "Coca Cola Zeeeroh" and her co-worker Nesh got me my pretzel.  Desi was pleasant, but seemed to have a hell of a time figuring out how much change to give me for the crisp $20 I had handed her.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Now if we get some hot chicks with accents, I'll be happy. I could then reenact those Law and order:SVU episodes with East Euro housekeeprs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive