Consumer choices, socio-political consciousness and you

Started by Martinus, May 29, 2011, 04:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

For shits & giggles I avoided buying French products for a period of time.  And while it was commercially available in the late 90's I avoided buying 7.62x39mm ammo that was made in Zimbabwe (even though it was cheap and supposedly well made).

Can't think of any other moral or political factors I've ever had in my buying habits.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on May 31, 2011, 11:28:07 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 31, 2011, 11:20:26 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 31, 2011, 06:27:49 AM
You'd pick the skinny crazy/needy Asian? Really? Have you learned nothing Ide :lol:

As long as they stay skinny, crazy, and needy, everything is fine.
is it like the fire pyramid where if one wall falls it all fails? :lol:

Stay away from the crazy asians. talk to Cdm if you need to. he has a support group ;) :D

Despite all the warnings here, I feel like I've missed out on something.  I don't think I've ever even spoken face to face with an Asian girl, let alone date one :mellow:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2011, 12:43:03 PM
You'd pick the skinny crazy/needy Asian? Really? Have you learned nothing Ide :lol:

Stay away from the crazy asians. talk to Cdm if you need to. he has a support group ;) :D

Despite all the warnings here, I feel like I've missed out on something.  I don't think I've ever even spoken face to face with an Asian girl, let alone date one :mellow:

:blink:

Not even Asian American?

Have you been living in a cave?  There are only a billion chinese alone.

Personally, I briefly dated a Japanese girl in college - very crazy.

After a couple of other crazy chicks I swore "never again", and have made good decisions with women ever since.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Quote from: Ideologue on May 29, 2011, 02:20:32 PM

Of course, however, as you folks know, I'm a lacto-vegetarian (and crustaceans don't count).  So obviously I try to avoid products with dead animals in them, like hamburgers or Lee-Enfield rifle cartridges from the mid-19th century.

Cool! Tell me about your super-powers.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

I generally don't care, but for some weird reason, I can never get myself to by Citgo gas. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2011, 12:43:03 PM

Lettow has space on the crazy bus for the "VISION QUEST TO THE WEST".

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

I only use gasoline I have personally pumped out of the ground and refined with my own backyard refinery.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

I realised I actually stay away from anything from Denmark. It's an evil place.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 12:46:38 PM

Not even Asian American?

No, sir.  My wife is as ethnic as I ever went, and she's probably about as white as I am.

QuoteHave you been living in a cave?  There are only a billion chinese alone.

How ever many there are, anywhere I lived or went to school had very small numbers of chinaman girls.

After a couple of other crazy chicks I swore "never again", and have made good decisions with women ever since.  :cool:

See, you guys call them crazy & usually mean it in a bad way, but there's almost always a good side of "crazy".  So I feel like I missed out.

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on May 31, 2011, 01:39:16 PM
I realised I actually stay away from anything from Denmark. It's an evil place.

No way.  Their ham, cookies, cheese & beer are too good to pass up.

Eddie Teach

Not even Asian American?

Have you been living in a cave?  There are only a billion chinese alone.

Not that hard to believe. He's living in an area of the country which has been stagnant for decades. Asians are mostly recent immigrants, they move where the jobs are.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 31, 2011, 01:35:51 PM

Lettow has space on the crazy bus for the "VISION QUEST TO THE WEST".

I think I'll pass.  While the prospect of being the "sane" one is appealing, I might find myself having to kill him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2011, 01:52:42 PM

Not even Asian American?

No, sir.  My wife is as ethnic as I ever went, and she's probably about as white as I am.

QuoteHave you been living in a cave?  There are only a billion chinese alone.

How ever many there are, anywhere I lived or went to school had very small numbers of chinaman girls.

See, you guys call them crazy & usually mean it in a bad way, but there's almost always a good side of "crazy".  So I feel like I missed out.

I can understand not dating an asian girl, but never having talked to one?  I mean there were plenty of asians in Winnipeg even, which was not (at the time) an economic hotbed.  In the mean time there are several female asian lawyers in this outfit.

And the good side of crazy so does not equal out the bad side of crazy.  At all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Isn't he from West Virginia?  Maybe that's the cause.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2011, 03:22:38 PM
Isn't he from West Virginia?  Maybe that's the cause.

Lived my first 20 years there.  Then moved to Wilmington, Delaware for 8 years.  I've been in Cincy since then.  None of those three places have many Asians. 

When I went to Marshall you could probably count the total number of Asian students on one hand.   Delaware wasn't much different in that respect-- in fact, Jews were the closest thing to a minority at UD.