News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So we hit the debt limit...

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 17, 2011, 01:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 02, 2011, 12:19:46 PM
The dollar is crashing against the Swiss Franc and gold has hit an all-time high.   :lmfao:

We're teh best! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

My annual income has just gone up $10k without even getting a single zloty of a payraise.  :lol:

Martinus

I also pity the fools who took mortgage in CHF back when it was cash-efficient. :bleeding:

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on August 02, 2011, 02:18:11 PM
Yeah, we seem to go in  cycles like that. The Dems took heavy political losses last election for going too far perhaps, and next election it may be the Repubs taking the losses for the same thing.

I'm not sure how that will happen, unless voters can be led to believe that the GOP controls both houses.

QuoteSeems to be the problem that when ever either party gains a decent amount of power, they use that as a mandate to ram through their agenda. While in reality, usually voters are just saying they're tired of one party going too far, so voted that one out, not intending it as a mandate.     :hmm:

That's true.  I remember Fireblade proclaiming in November 2008 that we had become a "center-left nation."  Then 2010 happened :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

That was pretty much point in wondering what kind of budget we would be looking at without the Tea Party holding the country hostage. I suspect it would be new taxes on the wealthy that probably do not even cover the increase in spending as the Dems explore that happy land of seeing what they can do with even more than 25% of the GDP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2011, 12:11:45 PMThe Tea Party has neither the time nor the inclination to explain itself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom it provides, then questions the manner in which it provides it! It'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

To whom does the Tea Party provide a blanket of freedom? Malthus? The cartoonist?

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on August 02, 2011, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2011, 12:11:45 PMThe Tea Party has neither the time nor the inclination to explain itself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom it provides, then questions the manner in which it provides it! It'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

To whom does the Tea Party provide a blanket of freedom? Malthus? The cartoonist?

I want my freedom blanket.  :(

Rougher and yet more comforting than a security blanket.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

I wouldn't call what Tea Party provides a blanket.  It's more of a sheet.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 02, 2011, 03:05:47 PM

You can't handle the truth!  :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadImmortalMan

36% of Alabamans are on food stamps.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 02, 2011, 09:26:51 PM

So?  They choose to live that way.  GOD BLESS MURRICA

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2011, 10:46:55 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 02, 2011, 09:26:51 PM

So?  They choose to live that way.  GOD BLESS MURRICA

They chose Alabama. :bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2011, 10:55:15 PM
They chose Alabama. :bleeding:

You wouldn't last 10 minutes there, Pinky LaRue.