News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So we hit the debt limit...

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 17, 2011, 01:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2011, 09:51:32 PM
You know garbon, you know who you remind me of?  A Jew Kapo. Selling out for a few trinkets and extra rations, when in the end you're just going to get the same shitty deal. 

So go ahead, Uncle Teom, keep supporting the politics of the fucks that would put you first up against the wall for being a minority fag.

You're the one suddenly railing against HSBC.

Does it suck that all those people are being put out of work? Yeah, of course it does.  Should it be illegal for HSBC to lay off employees? Should we tax the shit out of HSBC so it doesn't matter if they layoff those employees, as we'll have a safety net to protect them? Is this some rant against capitalism and the state of the world today? I've honestly no idea where your head is at.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2011, 09:48:52 PM
Can we all agree that Berkut going on about tribes impresses no one?
You and your tribe will certainly agree on that.  No one else will.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2011, 07:49:18 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 01, 2011, 07:45:13 PM
But they would never have gotten the power they have if there was not a core of perfectly valid concepts that non-Tea Party types find resonates with them.

A black man in the White House is not a perfectly valid concept.

Face it, Berk: they never would've materialized if it wasn't for the prospect of a nigger winning it all.  Not Hillary, not Biden, not anybody else.

Face it, Obama is half white, no full blooded nigger would have the mental faculty to be able to recite the oath of office let alone run for the Presidency.

Neil

I think it's fairly apt.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Yikes, The Daily Show tonight delivered a nasty blow to Barrack Obama's empty sack.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2011, 10:05:59 PM

Okay, so Americans then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2011, 10:58:36 PM

Okay, so Americans then.
Okay.  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2011, 10:58:36 PM

Okay, so Americans then.
Americans who don't want to destroy America would be more accurate.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on August 01, 2011, 11:05:07 PM
Americans who don't want to destroy America would be more accurate.
Sorry, "American" has already been defined as people who despise America.   You cannot have it back.  :showoff:

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2011, 09:41:24 PM
Maybe stop reading the news for a bit? You seem to be wigging out.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2011, 09:56:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2011, 09:51:32 PM
You know garbon, you know who you remind me of?  A Jew Kapo. Selling out for a few trinkets and extra rations, when in the end you're just going to get the same shitty deal. 

So go ahead, Uncle Teom, keep supporting the politics of the fucks that would put you first up against the wall for being a minority fag.

You're the one suddenly railing against HSBC.

Does it suck that all those people are being put out of work? Yeah, of course it does.  Should it be illegal for HSBC to lay off employees? Should we tax the shit out of HSBC so it doesn't matter if they layoff those employees, as we'll have a safety net to protect them? Is this some rant against capitalism and the state of the world today? I've honestly no idea where your head is at.

It's probably related to some conspiracy involving future Pres. Pal-- er, Bachmann :o
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: LaCroix on August 01, 2011, 04:43:24 PM
i dunno, berkut. i get what you're saying about the whole tribal/group mindset, but i don't think it can apply to condemnations of the tea party. when you get right down to it, at its core, there are a lot of stupid people involved with that movement who have no idea what they're talking about. that they might be accidentally right on some level is no surprise, what with stopped watches and all, but that doesn't mean they're any less ignorant of the world around them

Yeah, they're idiots because they don't know "how things get done" in Washington.  Given how the establishment from both parties managed to screw things up so badly, I'd take my chances on the idiots.

DontSayBanana

Actually, a federal parallel to NJ's unemployment system would be helpful: there's a special "Mass Layoff Unit" in NJ Unemployment that steps in anytime a single company is laying off more than 25 employees.  It would be very helpful if there was a federal unit that dealt with interstate companies, reviewing supermassive layoffs and helping minimize additions to state unemployment programs that are already strained to the max (NJ's already had an automatic tax hike triggered by insufficient funds in the UI program- the law forbids a zero balance in the UI account).
Experience bij!

LaCroix

i wouldn't say that's why they're idiots :P

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2011, 11:43:16 PM
Yeah, they're idiots because they don't know "how things get done" in Washington.  Given how the establishment from both parties managed to screw things up so badly, I'd take my chances on the idiots.

No, they're idiots for obstructing the necessary legislation as well as the bad.  Call that naive or idealistic, I call that dangerous.  We're rushing through patchwork legislation with more flaws than a third-grader's English tests because they wanted to show how hardcore they were.  The legislation from this Congress so far is... well, it's idiotic.
Experience bij!