News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New camera

Started by Liep, September 09, 2011, 08:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

So I'm looking for a new camera and one of a better quality than the compact I have now, budget is around £400.

Salesguy is trying to push a Panasonic GF2 hybrid camera on me, which looks good, nice and little with, apparently, the quality of a true SLR. Though size isn't really such a concern for me.

Another they had on sale was Canon EOS 1100D, which he called entry level.

Any photofile languishites with recommendations?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

They say (very) good things of the new Sony hybrid, I think it's named NEX 7, but it may be a bit out of your budget.
The GF2 has very good reviews, but I never tried a hybrid. I'm a bit put off by the lack of a real viewfinder (dunno if the lumix has the ability to attach an electronic viewfinder on the flash hotshoe).
Lenses, both for Sony and for Panasonic, seem good, but sure you won't have the same choice you'll have by picking a Nikon or Canon DSLR, that take advantage of the huge lens systems developed along the years.

Absolutely look for an anti-shake in-body feature, don't fall for megazooms (18-200, 24-300 etc.), rather get an excellent luminous prime.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: