News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So we hit the debt limit...

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 17, 2011, 01:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2011, 10:04:32 PM
Well, if the Republicans intend to torpedo an agreement, then what's the point?

:lol:

If 3 guys don't agree with 3 other guys, who's torpedoing whom?

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2011, 10:10:55 PM
:lol:

If 3 guys don't agree with 3 other guys, who's torpedoing whom?
Depends on who is more insane.  If Jon Kyl is in the room, he's the one torpedoing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

The point is that the Republicans will be torpedoing an agreement that, under any conditions, is better for them than the default, no-agreement result (which still cuts spending, but not in ways the Republicans will like).  Hopefully, Kyle and his fellow morons will prevent an agreement, and their owners (who will be badly hurt by the default cuts Kyle and Co. will have forced) will fire them and buy themselves some sane Republican Senators and Congressmen.

The only path to sanity for the country, it seems to me, is for the newly-empowered business owners of US politicians to realize that creating batshit-crazy pawns in Congress is a losing proposition, and they switch to creating and emplacing saner ones.  It is sure the Democratic legislators, who are just as wacky, will not be replaced by their owners.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Actually, I see them torpedoing any agreement superior to most agreements they could come up with.  The Torpedoing will result in across the board cuts which are more fair then what many of the things could happen.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on September 09, 2011, 12:01:38 PM
The only path to sanity for the country, it seems to me, is for the newly-empowered business owners of US politicians to realize that creating batshit-crazy pawns in Congress is a losing proposition, and they switch to creating and emplacing saner ones.  It is sure the Democratic legislators, who are just as wacky, will not be replaced by their owners.
The problem is that Republican legislators have to be wacky to get the wacky Republican voters to vote against their economic interests, and in favor of the interests of the owners.  You can't get peasants to support oligarchy without significant misdirections.