News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So we hit the debt limit...

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 17, 2011, 01:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I still don't get why DG claims that conservatives always lie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on August 02, 2011, 09:46:32 AM
I still don't get why DG claims that conservatives always lie.

And after I've explained it so thoroughly to you? Sigh.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on August 02, 2011, 09:38:00 AM
Show of hands - who is still following the Berkut - DGuller debate?

I am, though they seem to just be repeating themselves now. At this point I've decided who's most reasonable on the different points of contention, obviously.

Grallon

If I was Obama I wouldn't want a second term having to deal with that kind of chronic grief. 

Perhaps you people should elect Republicans both in Congress and the White House come next year - they'll finish their demolition job and then you can move on to rebuilding - hopefully without them.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

MadImmortalMan

Senate vote starting.

Pass it bitchez!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on August 02, 2011, 11:13:03 AM
If I was Obama I wouldn't want a second term having to deal with that kind of chronic grief. 

I'm not sure what sane person would ever want to be president.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Where the fuck is Obama? The White House live feed has been staring at an empty podium for 20 minutes.

MadImmortalMan

Meanwhile the market is tanking...

MadImmortalMan

MadImmortalMan

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on August 02, 2011, 11:07:21 AM
I kinda liked this Economist cartoon ...

http://www.economist.com/node/21524951?fsrc=scn/tw/te/ar/kalscartoonjune28th

The Tea Party has neither the time nor the inclination to explain itself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom it provides, then questions the manner in which it provides it! It'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

The dollar is crashing against the Swiss Franc and gold has hit an all-time high.   :lmfao:

We're teh best! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

KRonn

Quote from: Grallon on August 02, 2011, 11:13:03 AM

Perhaps you people should elect Republicans both in Congress and the White House come next year - they'll finish their demolition job and then you can move on to rebuilding - hopefully without them.

G.
Yeah, we seem to go in  cycles like that. The Dems took heavy political losses last election for going too far perhaps, and next election it may be the Repubs taking the losses for the same thing. Seems to be the problem that when ever either party gains a decent amount of power, they use that as a mandate to ram through their agenda. While in reality, usually voters are just saying they're tired of one party going too far, so voted that one out, not intending it as a mandate.     :hmm: