And we're back!

Main Menu

No Huckabee in 2012

Started by sbr, May 15, 2011, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2011, 09:40:50 PM
  What, Erik Prince wasn't available?

He is in Abu Dahbi gathering his armies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 23, 2011, 05:30:47 PM
Daniels is the only GOP candidate I could have considered voting for.

Why is that?  Are you ideologically closer to Obama than any remaining GOP contenders?  Or is it a personality thing?  Do the GOP guys frighten you somehow?  Still grieving over McCain not being the contender in 08 that everyone thought he'd be?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 24, 2011, 10:19:34 AM
McCain cost Yi $100. :contract:

Hillary cost me $20.  But it was worth every penny :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

:weep:

Now I've no horse in this race.  Though I like Huntsman.  Really need to roll-on to when Rubio's running :wub:

And I'd rather see Bachmann in the White House than Romney <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 24, 2011, 05:49:50 PM

If we didn't know you, I'd call you an imbecile.  But since we do, I'll just assume you're drunk.

Razgovory

The good thing about Romney is that he's so habitually dishonest you could be pleasantly surprised by his policies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Now I've no horse in this race.  Though I like Huntsman.  Really need to roll-on to when Rubio's running :wub:

WTF?

Romney would be a pretty moderate president. Bachmann is batshit insane.

I can get people liking Huckebee, he seems like a nice guy, but Backmann? She's a shrill ignorant harpy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 24, 2011, 10:10:28 AM
Why is that?  Are you ideologically closer to Obama than any remaining GOP contenders?  Or is it a personality thing?  Do the GOP guys frighten you somehow?  Still grieving over McCain not being the contender in 08 that everyone thought he'd be?

I think Obama has made more good decisions than bad ones and think he deserves a second term.  Plus the GOP has shifted too far into fruitcake land since 08.  The only Republicans I can support are those that are serious about reducing the deficit, hence Daniels.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 24, 2011, 07:54:01 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 24, 2011, 10:10:28 AM

I think Obama has made more good decisions than bad ones and think he deserves a second term.  Plus the GOP has shifted too far into fruitcake land since 08.  The only Republicans I can support are those that are serious about reducing the deficit, hence Daniels.

This.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 24, 2011, 07:16:47 PM

If we didn't know you, I'd call you an imbecile.  But since we do, I'll just assume you're drunk.
Sometimes he just likes to support the minority candidate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2011, 07:51:05 PM

WTF?

Romney would be a pretty moderate president. Bachmann is batshit insane.

I can get people liking Huckebee, he seems like a nice guy, but Backmann? She's a shrill ignorant harpy.

He likes the characters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

You can tell who the smart guys are in the GOP.  They're the ones not running for President.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Yeah, I don't have a high opinion of anyone who would actually run in 2012, Obama included.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Gary Johnson for President :noisemaker:

Barring that, Obama.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?