Hundreds of child marriages each year--in Sweden (Swedish)

Started by JonasSalk, June 13, 2011, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

http://www.dagen.se/dagen/article.aspx?id=257244

Article is in Swedish. Get Chrome and it translates it for those who don't speak borky-bork-bork.

QuoteSeveral hundred cases of child marriage in Sweden

Previously the figure was estimated at 10-20 cases per year, now shows statistics on much more

A couple of hundred "child marriages" are recorded each year in Sweden - legally. The conclusion can be drawn from figures that the government ordered the Department of Taxation.
Yuman

Slargos

Raciss.

If this becomes an issue the numbers will be classified very soon.  :D

Valmy

I am glad to see there is somewhere on earth where pedophiles are accepted for who they are.  Congrats to Sweden on its tolerance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2011, 02:12:28 PM
I am glad to see there is somewhere on earth where pedophiles are accepted for who they are.  Congrats to Sweden on its tolerance.

Quote(TT) PM Fredik Reinfeld announced early Monday morning that the bottom of the slippery slope had been reached and that a commission would be established to determine where to start digging.

The Brain

I don't get it. There were so-and-so many people getting married when under 18 in Sweden over a certain period. To get legally married if you're under 18 you need official approval which is given based on the maturity of the person etc (from the article). The shocking info presented in the article was revealed by a quick glance at official records.

In Sweden you can have sex legally when you're 15. "Child marriage" just because a person is under 18 is somewhat misleading. A bit like the "children" fugitives who are "17" when they get here and are starting to bald...

I'm sure there's a lot of forced marriages (including child ones) among the browner classes in Sweden (compared to whites) but the article is just a big meh.

FYI Dagen is a Christian niche paper.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

ulmont

Quote from: JonasSalk on June 13, 2011, 02:10:25 PM

Previously the figure was estimated at 10-20 cases per year, now shows statistics on much more

A couple of hundred "child marriages" are recorded each year in Sweden - legally. The conclusion can be drawn from figures that the government ordered the Department of Taxation.

Did they define "child marriage"?  Because there were a fair amount of 14 year olds going from Georgia to Alabama until the marriage age was raised to 16 (same as Georgia), and that still leaves a couple of years for "child marriages."

Cecil

Article is in Swedish. Get Chrome and it translates it for those who don't speak borky-bork-bork.

We dont acknowledge this because if you do you are a nazi/racist.

JonasSalk

Yeah, the article definitely makes it sound bad, but, not knowing much about Sweden's age-of-consent laws and such, it could potentially be not nearly as bad.
Yuman

garbon

This thread paints Languish in a positive light. Keep it up. :thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Cecil on June 13, 2011, 03:23:01 PMWe dont acknowledge this because if you do you are a nazi/racist.

If everybody votes for the Sweden Democrats, will the news media declare all Swedes as racists?
Yuman

DGuller

Who are we to judge other cultures?  Our ways may seem strange to these people as well, it's all relative.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zeus

When you do this, hilarity ensues. Gotta love direct translations. Also, do this with any german news article.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.