News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

No Huckabee in 2012

Started by sbr, May 15, 2011, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on May 29, 2011, 09:45:56 AM
Looking at your link, even the 10th percentile teachers are making roughly the median household income in Boonville, and housing prices there seem quite low.  Teaching would definitely be a good living there.  Mind you, that's not a bad thing, since Oneida County doesn't have a lot going for it.
No one is arguing that those teachers are grossly underpaid, though only Middle and High School teachers make more on average than the median household income for the county (elementary teachers are right on the average).  Remember that these are all college-educated and credentialed professionals, though.  Their pay may be average to slightly above average, but their education is well above average.  It is the below-average working hours that justify the fact that they don't get paid the wages of typical professionals.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on May 29, 2011, 10:30:05 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 29, 2011, 09:45:56 AM
Looking at your link, even the 10th percentile teachers are making roughly the median household income in Boonville, and housing prices there seem quite low.  Teaching would definitely be a good living there.  Mind you, that's not a bad thing, since Oneida County doesn't have a lot going for it.
No one is arguing that those teachers are grossly underpaid, though only Middle and High School teachers make more on average than the median household income for the county (elementary teachers are right on the average).  Remember that these are all college-educated and credentialed professionals, though.  Their pay may be average to slightly above average, but their education is well above average.  It is the below-average working hours that justify the fact that they don't get paid the wages of typical professionals.
The median household income for the school district is $44,750.  All the groups of full-time teachers average more than that.  Still, I can't argue that these people spent the time and money to get their paper, and so the system owes them a good living.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on May 28, 2011, 09:30:26 PM
Okay, Rev. Moon.  I'll pass that along.  Of course Missouri Teachers don't have collective bargaining, so I don't know how much good it will do.  Oddly, we still have budget deficits.  One school district has gone to teaching only four days a week now, but that probably won't effect the quality of education those students receive.

It's Missouri, what real hope did they have? :tinfoil:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 25, 2011, 10:22:25 AM
Palin's goofy ass Tea Party fruitcakes is enough to get me to think twice about voting republican. Of course, the dems are goofy as hell too, so I'll just stay home and finish my bunker.
Stop popping out more kids and won't have to keep updating it sheesh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 29, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 25, 2011, 10:22:25 AM
Palin's goofy ass Tea Party fruitcakes is enough to get me to think twice about voting republican. Of course, the dems are goofy as hell too, so I'll just stay home and finish my bunker.
Stop popping out more kids and won't have to keep updating it sheesh.

But it is so fun.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Updating a bunker...I guess.

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 29, 2011, 08:19:58 PM
Updating a bunker...I guess.

Making the kids. It is like the Boys from Brazil.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

I thought that was all done in Petrie dish?

jimmy olsen

Anyone see the Republican debate? Did Romney do as well as reported?

http://www.slate.com/id/2296912/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Princesca did... predictably, she thought that Ron Paul won it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

You know, she hasn't been around here much lately. Rocky Horror hasn't been around in years. VM and Scipio are infrequent visitors. What does Languish do to scare off the Libertarians?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 14, 2011, 09:09:38 AM
You know, she hasn't been around here much lately. Rocky Horror hasn't been around in years. VM and Scipio are infrequent visitors. What does Languish do to scare off the Libertarians?  :hmm:

They still seem thick as flies to me. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

She lurks from time to time, but almost never posts... not sure why really. :hmm:

DGuller

I want to know as well, so that it can be applied on other infested boards.

Caliga

Well I'm supposedly a libertarian too, so whatever eradication method that was applied here didn't entirely work. :(