News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness 2009

Started by derspiess, March 11, 2009, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Strix on April 07, 2009, 09:05:37 AM
It didn't matter. Michigan State could have played their best game ever while UNC just played an average game and they still would have lost. The only team that could have won or lost that game was UNC. If UNC had come out and played a real stinker than anyone could have beaten them.
Disagree.  After the opening run State played them even, and that's while committing, what, 20 turnovers?

Strix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2009, 09:31:51 AM
Disagree.  After the opening run State played them even, and that's while committing, what, 20 turnovers?

That happens in blowouts. It's very hard for the team in the lead to maintain focus and determination when the end result is already apparent. The team in the lead tends to get sloppy and start to make bad decisions and take chances. Which is why sometimes you have miracle comebacks because it's hard to regain that focus and determination once you let it go.

Of course, that didn't happen here.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Berkut

Hehe, this is hilarious:

From Sean Millers facebook page:

QuoteAmy Schneider Wilkin at 4:41pm April 4
Hi there coach! I think it's a little sad, speaking as a XU fan, we weren't the first to post on your fan page ) We LOVE you and think you are a perfect fit for Xavier. You make us so very proud to be a part of such a top notch program. It is because of YOU we have such a high graduation rate. It is because of YOU we are highly respected in the... Read More A-10 conference. It is because of YOU there are so many XU proud and strong. We want you and only you to coach our Muskies to the Final Four next season and beyond. Thank you for an excellent job Coach Miller.
--From a Xavier fan and alum 1994

QuoteAmy Schneider Wilkin at 1:42pm April 6
I posted earlier how proud I was as a Xavier fan to have Miller as a head coach. BUT he has turned into a liar, out for money, fame and leaving a dust trail behind him. Good riddens to you Miller. I DO NOT wish you well. You have screwed us over, after saying you were staying. You down right lied, like Thad Matta did, and you do not even care?!?!

Arizona, good luck with this one. I bet he'll be there for 2 seasons until something better comes along.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

I am always amazed people get that upset when somebody in sports gets a better job.  I mean...it is this man's career not his religion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Even though our beloved republic will have to put up with more Timmay style bandwagoneering with the Tarheels, at least the fucking Spartans lost.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2009, 09:49:37 AM
Even though our beloved republic will have to put up with more Timmay style bandwagoneering with the Tarheels, at least the fucking Spartans lost.

Where's the Big 10 love man?   Where's the love?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2009, 09:51:02 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2009, 09:49:37 AM

Where's the Big 10 love man?   Where's the love?

I despise Penn State and Michigan State. Any other Big Ten team would get at least an "attaboy" out of me.

Those two can go to hell. Plus I'm trolling a bit. There is chum in the water.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2009, 09:31:51 AM

Its really hard to keep up the same intensity when you are blowing someone out. 

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2009, 09:53:04 AM
You served on the Indianapolis, didn't you?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on April 07, 2009, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2009, 09:53:04 AM
You served on the Indianapolis, didn't you?

:lol:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 09, 2009, 09:01:19 PM
Tim Floyd resigned today from USC

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31193876/
Hopefully this will be the trigger to get the NCAA to butt-fuck the school's entire cheating athletic department.

Berkut

Holy fuck, and to think we tried to hire that asshat. Christ. Talk about dodging a bullet.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned