News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness 2009

Started by derspiess, March 11, 2009, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2009, 04:00:43 PM
Is Michigan the posh school and State the trash school?

Isn't that the case for most?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2009, 04:03:34 PM
I suppose.  My contact with the public university system is somewhat limited so I'm asking.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2009, 04:08:24 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2009, 04:03:34 PM
I suppose.  My contact with the public university system is somewhat limited so I'm asking.

That's right mr. jesuit and ivy leaguer.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on April 06, 2009, 08:26:57 AM
Hey, all three can be true!

Apparenlty Miller is the latest coach to use the Arizona job to secure his current one.

I guess Lute left the program in a lot worse shape than anyone suspected - at least in the perception of the top tier coaches in college basketball.

At this point, I am thinking the best case scenario for Arizona is getting someone who can keep them relevant in the Pac-10. The days of Arizona being in the same league as Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas are over. Which means they were really over 3 years ago.
Does a coach really matter in basketball?  Don't they just run from end to end doing fancy dunks?

Maybe you should apply for Arizona's coaching job.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on April 06, 2009, 04:39:43 PM
Does a coach really matter in basketball?  Don't they just run from end to end doing fancy dunks?

Maybe you should apply for Arizona's coaching job.
If they leave the coaching box they're supposed to get a technical.  HAR HAR HAR

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2009, 04:00:43 PM
Is Michigan the posh school and State the trash school?

Michigan creates astronauts and first class engineers. Michigan state produces layabouts and scum.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

This sucks.  North Carolina is completely destroying Michigan State.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Sure am glad we didn't have to settle for Izzo.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Savonarola

Well that could have gone better.

CB and I went to the same bar we watched the sweet 16 game at; the crowd was a little more subdued tonight.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

PDH

Well, it looks like Strix will win the tourney.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

charliebear

Not a good game.  The Spartans were not playing as well as they did against UConn, and UNC was outstanding.

But still, we have three freshmen on our team that now have incredible experience in regards to this tournament.

Strix

Quote from: charliebear on April 07, 2009, 08:55:17 AM
Not a good game.  The Spartans were not playing as well as they did against UConn, and UNC was outstanding.

But still, we have three freshmen on our team that now have incredible experience in regards to this tournament.

It didn't matter. Michigan State could have played their best game ever while UNC just played an average game and they still would have lost. The only team that could have won or lost that game was UNC. If UNC had come out and played a real stinker than anyone could have beaten them.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Hard to believe all those Kansas fans thought Roy Williams couldn't win the big one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Strix on April 07, 2009, 09:05:37 AM
It didn't matter. Michigan State could have played their best game ever while UNC just played an average game and they still would have lost. The only team that could have won or lost that game was UNC. If UNC had come out and played a real stinker than anyone could have beaten them.
I think that this is correct.  MSU overachived throughout the tournament, and one could argue that they overachieved staying even this close to a team that utterly crushed them in the regular season.

MSU fans should be happy with this result; there was simply no way they could have beaten NC without a miracle or a series of NC injuries.  Getting to the game was their team's great achievement.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!