Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2009, 08:42:01 AM
I hope their MSU's hotel catches fire.

Isn't that a bit on the mean side?

Ed Anger

Quote from: charliebear on April 05, 2009, 12:35:25 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2009, 08:42:01 AM
I hope their MSU's hotel catches fire.

Isn't that a bit on the mean side?

I'm here to shit on your chest and smear it on your face.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2009, 05:42:41 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 05, 2009, 08:37:17 AM
Quote from: charliebear on April 05, 2009, 08:36:06 AM
I sure hope he's not leaving.
Berkut's delusional.

Nah he's just showing he can tell a joke.
Really?  I smell desperation, praying for someone to swoop in and save Arizona's program.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2009, 05:48:30 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2009, 05:42:41 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 05, 2009, 08:37:17 AM
Quote from: charliebear on April 05, 2009, 08:36:06 AM
I sure hope he's not leaving.
Berkut's delusional.

Nah he's just showing he can tell a joke.
Really?  I smell desperation, praying for someone to swoop in and save Arizona's program.

Hey, all three can be true!

Apparenlty Miller is the latest coach to use the Arizona job to secure his current one.

I guess Lute left the program in a lot worse shape than anyone suspected - at least in the perception of the top tier coaches in college basketball.

At this point, I am thinking the best case scenario for Arizona is getting someone who can keep them relevant in the Pac-10. The days of Arizona being in the same league as Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas are over. Which means they were really over 3 years ago.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

charliebear

MSU is requesting that their fans wear WHITE tonight, instead of GREEN.  Please make a note of this and dress accordingly.

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on April 06, 2009, 08:26:57 AM

Hey, all three can be true!

Apparenlty Miller is the latest coach to use the Arizona job to secure his current one.

I guess Lute left the program in a lot worse shape than anyone suspected - at least in the perception of the top tier coaches in college basketball.

At this point, I am thinking the best case scenario for Arizona is getting someone who can keep them relevant in the Pac-10. The days of Arizona being in the same league as Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas are over. Which means they were really over 3 years ago.

:console:

Ed Anger

Quote from: charliebear on April 06, 2009, 12:38:19 PM
MSU is requesting that their fans wear WHITE tonight, instead of GREEN.  Please make a note of this and dress accordingly.

Or just put on their normal vomit covered clothes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Hey Berkie, now sounding like Miller will take the UA job.

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2009, 01:38:39 PM
Hey Berkie, now sounding like Miller will take the UA job.

That seems to be the consensus all of a sudden. That would be awesome. I refuse to believe it can be true. Too much dissapointment already.

0 rows returned

Savonarola

QuoteMore than 200 officers ready in East Lansing
Christina Stolarz / The Detroit News
East Lansing -- East Lansing police are anticipating a large but primarily cooperative crowd tonight at Michigan State University as the Spartans take on the North Carolina Tar Heels in the 2009 NCAA Championship.

But just in case, they will be prepared with more than 200 officers on hand to manage the crowd on mounted patrols, foot patrols and undercover, said Det. Lt. Kevin Daley with the East Lansing Police Department.

Daley said the officers don't carry any Taser weapons, but will rely on chemical munitions such as tear gas if necessary to break up a disorderly crowd.

"Those who are there that are true Spartans ... will have a great time," he said.

The department's expectations come on the heels of a minimal amount of problems -- about 60 arrests, half of which weren't MSU students -- Saturday night at the Cedar Village Apartment Complex after MSU defeated Connecticut at the Final Four, Daley said.

"We're very pleased with the response we had (from the crowd) on Saturday," Daley said. "When we broke up the crowd, usually you can't see the streets because they're so littered with trash."

More than 200 officers were on hand to manage the celebratory crowd, which included an estimated 1,500-2,000 students who partied at Cedar Village, he said. People were arrested Saturday night for a variety of reasons: indecent exposure, assault and three attempts at arson, he said.

"The people who were causing problems went to jail," Daley said. "We're finding out that our problems are not the MSU students. We have a lot of outsiders coming in. I don't know what their intent is when they come here, but if it's to be disorderly we're going to hold them accountable for their actions."

Aside from any crowd-related issues, Daley said he's just anticipating "a win."

Only 60 arrests in East Lansing after a final four win?  The Spartans are not living up to their potential.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

charliebear

Quote from: Savonarola on April 06, 2009, 03:43:18 PM

Only 60 arrests in East Lansing after a final four win?  The Spartans are not living up to their potential.   :(

Keep in mind that it snowed today, and is cold.  If a couch gets burned tonight, it's only because they're trying to stay warm.

Admiral Yi

Is Michigan the posh school and State the trash school?