Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 03, 2014, 11:27:51 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 03, 2014, 11:18:45 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 03, 2014, 11:16:35 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 03, 2014, 09:32:41 AM
So, as we have long known, Canada is officially bilingual, that is, you can't have French only, English is mandatory everywhere.  English only is ok, but French only, it shall not pass.

If I'm wrong, than please tell me where is the outrage in English Canada about the recent Alberta's court of appeal ruling on the Caron case?

Is there some reason we are supposed to be outraged that Alberta is not officially bilingual?

The government of Quebec would shit itself if it was forced by the courts to be officially bilingual.  :hmm:

To be fair the Government of Quebec is more bilingual that the GOA is, even if not required.

There are also considerably more Anglophones in Quebec, than Francophones in Alberta.

Demographics will take care of that.

GF: the one-man baby boom.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grallon

It looks like Prime Minister Marois is to announce an election for Arpil 7th.  Let us hope we finally get a majority, that the CAQ disapears and the PLQ is reduced to its anglo/immigrant constituants.  Then we'll be able to proceed with the reinforcement of the language laws, the imposition of the Charter, the revamp of the national education curriculum, the purging of multiculturalism in the State apparatus, and many other badly needed measures neglected during the corrupt federalist regime of the Liberals.  And when all that is done - a third and final referendum to leave this federation at last.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Alright.

I'd also like to be a billionaire over night.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 12:18:35 PM
Alright.

But that would be a good thing.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2014, 12:31:09 PM
Alright.

For me, yes but for everyone else? Not so sure.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 01:01:13 PM
Alright.

I think you would make a great Billionaire.  Remember I said this if it ever happens.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2014, 01:05:38 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 01:01:13 PM
Alright.

I think you would make a great Billionaire.  Remember I said this if it ever happens.

You will make an even greater Multi-millionaires than I would. Remember I said this when it happens.

Grallon

Alright.

You have to be optimistic son!  Don't you want your child to grow up in a shiny nice new country?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on March 03, 2014, 02:00:50 PM
Alright.

You have to be optimistic son!  Don't you want your child to grow up in a shiny nice new country?

G.

Personally, I want my kids to grow up in a country that is economically successful, values it's heritage but is welcoming to newcomers, and has a healthy and clean environment.  The newness of the country really doesn't factor into the equation. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 03, 2014, 03:51:13 PM
Quote from: Grallon on March 03, 2014, 02:00:50 PM
Alright.

G.

Personally, I want my kids to grow up in a country that is economically successful, values it's heritage but is welcoming to newcomers, and has a healthy and clean environment.  The newness of the country really doesn't factor into the equation. :mellow:

Everything Grallon hates with a passion that burns.

viper37

There are also considerably more Anglophones in Quebec, than Francophones in Alberta.
1st, for the record, anglophone population is about 8% in Quebec, compared to about 2% and going down in Alberta for the francos.

Now, if we were to stop provinding public funding for education & healthcare, not translate any laws, have trials exclusively in French, in the space of 40-50 years, how many anglos would be left here?

I think numbers here is a false excuse.  If you do everything you can to assimilate a populace and an hundred years later you claim "ah see, there ain't any french here, so we don't need no bilinguism", that's a bit silly, don't you agree?  or are you advocating that Quebec shouldn't cater to its language minority?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2014, 11:02:18 AM
Is there something I should find outrageous?
You do find outrageous that Quebec is not a bilingual province...

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on March 03, 2014, 06:39:19 PM
1st, for the record, anglophone population is about 8% in Quebec, compared to about 2% and going down in Alberta for the francos.

Now, if we were to stop provinding public funding for education & healthcare, not translate any laws, have trials exclusively in French, in the space of 40-50 years, how many anglos would be left here?

I think numbers here is a false excuse.  If you do everything you can to assimilate a populace and an hundred years later you claim "ah see, there ain't any french here, so we don't need no bilinguism", that's a bit silly, don't you agree?  or are you advocating that Quebec shouldn't cater to its language minority?

If we were trying to "assimilate a populace" surely we would have gone about it in a completely different way.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on March 03, 2014, 12:15:19 PM
Then we'll be able to proceed with the reinforcement of the language laws,
Nothing prevented the PQ from doing that, the CAQ was very open about limited reinforcements, so long as it doesn't unduly burden SMBs with more paper work.

Quotethe imposition of the Charter,
Nothing has prevented the PQ from working something with the CAQ, wich, again, was very open about some non extremist form of the charter, a compromise endorsed by Bouchard&Parizeau.

Quotethe revamp of the national education curriculum,
By hiring more bureaucrats, we'll solve everything! :)

Quotethe purging of multiculturalism in the State apparatus,
How many ultra-religious people are working for the government as of today?  The PQ must have released some numbers, some problematic cases in the government, I'm guessing?

Quoteand many other badly needed measures neglected during the corrupt federalist regime of the Liberals.  And when all that is done - a third and final referendum to leave this federation at last.
Ha.  Here we go :)  Corruption is very bad.  But only when it's a Liberal thing.  So long as it is the FTQ or the PQ doing it, there is nothing to see, we shall move along.

So, is Elain Zhakaïb still representing the PQ?  You know, the lady who heard on tapes saying all competition to Tony Accurso's interests was 'vacated' from the Fond de Solidarité FTQ?  You are aware we pay the double tax deduction from our paychecks?  Yet, it seems ok to you, since you are voting for a corrupt government... Oh, and what about that Blanchet (Marois' husband) deal with the FTQ?  You know, the one Marois doesn't want to talk about and wants to go into election so she won't have to come forward with hubby on a parliamentary inquiry board?

And what about all we heard on the construction inquiry board about shady deals with past&present PQ figures?  How about the FTQ President saying he's got a deal with Pauline and must talk to her about having no inquiry?  Don't you find it strange that the PQ did not want any such inquiry to begin with?  That when it came to be, they didn't want it extended to cover their time in power, than they did not want it to focus on the unions?  Wasn't it strange that as soon as it started the PQ tried everything it could to sabotage it but only backed due to public pressure and being a minority gov in a shaky position to be defeated? 

That's doesn't raise any alarms in your head?  Or are you so focused on your cause that's you're willing to forgive&forget everything so long as it is your party doing it?