News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 23, 2011, 12:36:51 PM
Meanwhile, LA, Seawolf, Ohio and Virgina class subs just toodle on under the ice blissfully unware that an icebreaker is toodling on above.

Toodles.

You can't transport oil in a nuclear class submarine.

Well, you probably can maybe there is an idea there.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 23, 2011, 12:36:51 PM
Meanwhile, LA, Seawolf, Ohio and Virgina class subs just toodle on under the ice blissfully unware that an icebreaker is toodling on above.

Toodles.

Yeah, of course. I don't think we'll be unduly bothered by that.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2011, 07:10:30 AM
Great, a marriage issue.

OMG Canada is going to implement Sharia law!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2011, 04:20:25 PM
Great, a marriage issue.

worse, it'll make GF's gf get some unappealing idea's :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2011, 04:21:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2011, 04:20:25 PM
Great, a marriage issue.

worse, it'll make GF's gf get some unappealing idea's :lol:

I hear Quebec is getting pretty close to outlawing monogamy as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

tanglently i guess, if drakken is right that making common laws have to pay alimony will brake up couples.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2011, 04:27:12 PM
tanglently i guess, if drakken is right that making common laws have to pay alimony will brake up couples.

:huh:

Grey Fox

It will, it's too much of a 180 turn in Quebec to not have some consequences.

@HVC, I don't understand your Sharia joke.

HVC

It wasnt a sharia joke. It was a joke about all this marriage talk making your girlfriend want to get married :lol:

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on November 24, 2011, 08:38:19 AM
It wasnt a sharia joke. It was a joke about all this marriage talk making your girlfriend want to get married :lol:

:lol:

She's more against it then I am...

Jacob

New Brunswick to elect candidates for the senate; maybe it's unconstitutional: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/11/25/nb-elected-senators-constitution-ringuette.html?cmp=rss

Are we headed for more constitutional shenanigans?

Barrister

Stan Waters was elected to the senate 20 years ago.  The Conservatives have designed this process carefully to be able to comply with the constitution.

There may well be political battles over senate elections, but there's nothing the courts will be involved with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on November 30, 2011, 01:43:24 PM
New Brunswick to elect candidates for the senate; maybe it's unconstitutional: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/11/25/nb-elected-senators-constitution-ringuette.html?cmp=rss

Are we headed for more constitutional shenanigans?

The senators who are appointed may be selected in whatever way the PM sees fit.  I see no potential for a successful constitutional challenge here.

Malthus

I'm confused. Is Grey Fox's girlfriend intending to elect him as husband, but this is unconstitutional in Quebec? 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius