News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 11:02:56 AM
Oh come on. She's got balls. All the best to her. We need more people like her. Canadians are otherwise too boring.
We really don't.  I mean, I have nothing but contempt for protesters of any kind, but at least the rest of the bunch choose the right place and time for their nonsense.  The Senate Chamber during the throne speech is never the right place or time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2011, 11:44:03 AM
The problem with her acts is now they're going to crack down on all pages that come after her, which is really unfortunate.
It's probably for the best.  Entitled punks have done it to themselves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

It's the same kind of balls demonstrated by that Congressman who called Obama a liar during one of his State of the Union speeches.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2011, 11:50:52 AM
It's the same kind of balls demonstrated by that Congressman who called Obama a liar during one of his State of the Union speeches.

Yup. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

That's a fair analogy.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on June 06, 2011, 11:58:55 AM
Who the hell is Arper?

:D
Steve's long-lost brother from Newfoundland.

Jacob

Yeah, I don't really think that was a good protest at all. If you're a parliamentary page, you're there to help the machinery of parliament run smoothly, not to share your own political view.

The incident is minor enough that it doesn't mean much, but I don't think she made the right decision.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2011, 11:49:10 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 11:02:56 AM
Oh come on. She's got balls. All the best to her. We need more people like her. Canadians are otherwise too boring.
We really don't.  I mean, I have nothing but contempt for protesters of any kind, but at least the rest of the bunch choose the right place and time for their nonsense.  The Senate Chamber during the throne speech is never the right place or time.

Disagree. Everyone is talking about her. Protests work best when they're not the right time. It's like nothing bothers me more than protestors demonstrating outside parliament in summer or on weekends...dudes, nobody's  home.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on June 06, 2011, 11:58:55 AM
Who the hell is Arper?

:D

What a French Canadian calls the prime minister.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Completely different.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 12:43:37 PM
Disagree. Everyone is talking about her.

This is the first I have heard of it.  It looks silly and that is probably why people are talking.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 12:45:49 PM

Completely different.

How so?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2011, 12:52:28 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 12:45:49 PM

Completely different.

How so?

Besides the obvious.

PRC

She was disrupting a throne speech, a speech by the GG, acting on behalf of our head of state, the Queen.  I think it's as least as bad as the disruption as during Obama's state of the union but because this one was obviously pre-meditated it makes it even worse.