And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2011, 11:15:47 PM
I just don't buy it.

The NDP has no network on the ground in Quebec.  No GOTV effort, no campaign workers, no nothing.

I can't see them suddenly sweeping half the province.
:sleep:

Jacob

Well, to be fair it was more than half the province, wasn't it?

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on June 05, 2011, 11:07:07 PM
I just don't buy it.

The NDP has no network on the ground in Quebec.  No GOTV effort, no campaign workers, no nothing.

Well my prognosticating ability in Quebec has taken a blow, now hasn't it. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2011, 11:43:49 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on June 05, 2011, 11:07:07 PM
I just don't buy it.

I think we all missed that one. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2011, 11:43:49 PM
As Josephus said, take comfort in the fact that you weren't the only one.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 07:14:56 AM
I think we all missed that one. :)
Well, those sorts of things are hard to catch ahead of time.  The perfect storm of Liberal weakness coupled with Bloc-exhaustion didn't give any signs that it would happen.  It happened so fast that only the polling and media could have been to blame.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2011, 07:52:55 AM

As Josephus said, take comfort in the fact that you weren't the only one.

The most amusing consequence of this unexpected outcome is to see all the federalist vermin in Quebec crowing about the victory of federalism.  :lol:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

But isn't a vote for the NDP a vote to strengthen the state and eliminate the ability of Quebec to seperate?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Drakken

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2011, 08:27:23 AM
But isn't a vote for the NDP a vote to strengthen the state and eliminate the ability of Quebec to seperate?

More like "we give you a last chance, if you fail we're gonna give another one."

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 08:39:47 AM
:)
See, and that's my point.  You guys are low-class buffoons.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2011, 10:59:40 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 08:39:47 AM
:)
See, and that's my point.  You guys are low-class buffoons.

Oh come on. She's got balls. All the best to her. We need more people like her. Canadians are otherwise too boring.

The whole Michael Moore thing, i agree, is stupid. Saying we need to start a revolution like in northern Africa.  :huh: Dude, we have elections here.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2011, 11:02:56 AM
We need more people like her. Canadians are otherwise too boring.

If the alternative is people like her I take boring everytime.

Admiral Yi

Is she dressed like a Senate page?  Was she a Senate page

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2011, 11:41:25 AM
Is she dressed like a Senate page?  Was she a Senate page

She was a Senate page.

The problem with her acts is now they're going to crack down on all pages that come after her, which is really unfortunate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.