News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

The Conservatives strategy really got a shot in the arm from the statements that there was more to be found.  If not for that they would have looked a bit silly to everyone other than those steeped in the traditions of Parliament.  But now it looks like they are fighting the good fight.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in Liberal caucus meetings.

viper37

Philpott: there's much more to the story that needs to be told

QuoteThis is Philpott's first interview since she resigned over Trudeau's handling of the SNC-Lavalin controversy. She believes, as she put it, that "there's much more to the story that needs to be told" but that it can't come out because "there's been an attempt to shut down the story"—an attempt she attributed to the Prime Minister and his close advisors.
But she is also keenly aware, because she has been hearing from Liberal colleagues, that "there are people who are afraid that they're not going to get elected because of what I did." As she described that anger, the former minister said: "My only way of living with myself on that, is that this is not my fault. I did not start this." Now she is trying to figure out how to see it through.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Whoever is giving Philpott and JWR advice (or maybe one of those two on their own) is some kind of political mastermind.  When this story first came out in January I thought the allegation was explosive - but that it would go nowhere.

But here we are two months later and it's still dominating headlines.  The Philpott even managed to derail the entire budget spectacle from yesterday.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Well, it has been publicly reported the JWR retained Cromwell.  So, yeah, pretty good advice.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 21, 2019, 03:36:45 PM
Well, it has been publicly reported the JWR retained Cromwell.  So, yeah, pretty good advice.

That's not the kind of advice he would give.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 21, 2019, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 21, 2019, 03:36:45 PM

That's not the kind of advice he would give.

:huh:

Lawyers give strategic advice.  Granted, not so much in the criminal bar.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Monoriu

Cheese slipped off the cracker.  What does that really mean?

PRC

Alberta's UCP finance critic's tweet (now deleted):

Valmy

How can I let the sink in if you deleted your tweet so fast? The sink is barely through the door.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

40% was the passing mark in my school as well.  Nothing wrong with that because the marking scheme was designed that way.  People who scored 60% were already considered the best of the class.  Nobody scored 70%, ever.  I think the yardstick of the marking scheme was 100% would be equivalent to, say a university graduate.  Obviously we were secondary school students, so we were no where close to that.  40% doesn't mean you only know 40% of the material.  It means you are average.  I guess a hidden agenda of the whole thing is to keep us all miserable  :lol:

Admiral Yi

I was thinking maybe if subtracting 42 from 100 is not your forte, you could focus on writing, but then you'd have to learn how to spell grade.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on March 26, 2019, 05:54:01 PM
40% was the passing mark in my school as well.  Nothing wrong with that because the marking scheme was designed that way.  People who scored 60% were already considered the best of the class.  Nobody scored 70%, ever.  I think the yardstick of the marking scheme was 100% would be equivalent to, say a university graduate.  Obviously we were secondary school students, so we were no where close to that.  40% doesn't mean you only know 40% of the material.  It means you are average.  I guess a hidden agenda of the whole thing is to keep us all miserable  :lol:
it's not what you should focus on ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.