And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 13, 2016, 05:09:25 PM
I think you have gone off the deep end.
Nope, I simply do not have blind faith in this government, unlike you.  I require a lot more than a pretty smile and a good word from my politicians.

Can you give a more concise answer to the question of how it is the government can enforce a law that has been repealed?
The law forbids Canadian citizens to be tortured, here or abroad.  The law also forbids the RCMP or CSIS from using information obtained under torture.  Yet, it has happenned in the past.

And now, we have a liberal government revoking citizenship at an unprecendeted rate.  And we have to trust them on their word, that they follow strict procedures, and only the citizens accused of fraud are seeing their citizenship revoked.

Again, explain the anomaly: why so many more cases under this Liberal government than in the past?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Drakken

Valmy

See? The Feds love Quebec

QuoteR.I.P. Jim Prentice

RIP

Man it seems like lots of people die from small planes. Maybe just seems that way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 13, 2016, 05:09:25 PM
I think you have gone off the deep end.  Can you give a more concise answer to the question of how it is the government can enforce a law that has been repealed?

What the hell is he on about?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2016, 02:33:42 PM
Man it seems like lots of people die from small planes. Maybe just seems that way.

Famous people fly smaller private planes. when they die you remember. probably just a  bias towards that.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

No, small aircraft are definitely a lot more dangerous than commercial airliners.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2016, 03:20:31 PM
No, small aircraft are definitely a lot more dangerous than commercial airliners.

I would assume so, I just meant the lots of people die part. is it any more dangerous than cars, for example?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Jacob

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on October 14, 2016, 03:22:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2016, 03:20:31 PM

I would assume so, I just meant the lots of people die part. is it any more dangerous than cars, for example?

SOme quick googling... nothing definitive.  They may be somewhat more, or less, dangerous than a car.  But think about how many people lose their lives in car crashes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

The Canadian people are so happy with our new government that Trudeau no longer feels the desire for change from the Canadian population now that is in power.  The people are so happy under his benevolent rule that everything is perfect now :)

And people voted for this moron...

Grey Fox

and I will do it again!

have you seen the other parties moron?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2016, 01:55:42 PM
and I will do it again!

have you seen the other parties moron?!
Mulcair wasn't as bad.  His party was full of idiots, but he wasn't so bad.
Harper was the best:
- strong economy
- respect for both official languages of the country
- respect for the provinces
- mostly respect for seperation of state&chruch, despite his strong religious convictions

On the downside, he was a monarchist and he was anti-science.  But so far, the Liberal government haven't done much on this field either.

And all I see is a trail of broken promises and stupid decision making.  Like having the female MPs cover their head to great a muslim dignitary.  We shouldn't have to be sorry to live in our country, the way we do.  Compare this to Michelle Obama who refused to wear the headscarf while on an official visit to Saudi Arabia...

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2016, 10:49:43 AM
The Canadian people are so happy with our new government that Trudeau no longer feels the desire for change from the Canadian population now that is in power.  The people are so happy under his benevolent rule that everything is perfect now :)

I wish he would change the Constitution to make it so he can be leader for life.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 19, 2016, 07:13:39 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2016, 10:49:43 AM

I wish he would change the Constitution to make it so he can be leader for life.  :(

If viper shoots him you can both win ;)