News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on January 20, 2017, 07:10:57 PM
The Conservative debate in french was absolutely incredible to watch. Maybe 3 or 4 out of a dozen candidates could be considered vaguely fluent. Props to the ones that are learning I guess, but for the rest jesus christ allmighty. Shameful.

And that little twat O'leary announcing his candidacy the day following the debate... Dude was born and raised in Montreal, doesn't speak a word of french. What a coward. Although maybe that's a positive out west in Trumpland.

You know, as cantankerous as the Quebecois and other Frenchies can be I love having you guys in Canada :hug:

Zoupa

We also love having some of you in Canada.

Sounds weird eh?  ;)

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on January 20, 2017, 09:04:59 PM
We also love having some of you in Canada.

Sounds weird eh?  ;)

That's great, so much love :cheers:

(Yup, sounds weird)

Zoupa

I'm not being a prick, the sentiment is appreciated of course.

Maybe it's more the wording: as a "founding nation/people" of Canada, along with Native people and anglos, we are Canada. We're not in Canada.

Know what I'm saying? Again, I'm not trying to be a bitch, but we've been sorta glazed over as "just another part of this great multicultural mosaic that make Canada!" Liberal leitmotiv for decades now. It grates.

Admiral Yi

Hey Zoupa, sounds like you need to get laid.  :P

Zoupa

My testes are emptied on the regular by a lovely lady I'll have you know   :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 19, 2017, 01:39:10 AM
Read up on him and his business "acumen" before deciding he isn't so bad...

He sucked hard on Celebrity Jeopardy too.

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on January 20, 2017, 10:24:31 PM
I'm not being a prick, the sentiment is appreciated of course.

Maybe it's more the wording: as a "founding nation/people" of Canada, along with Native people and anglos, we are Canada. We're not in Canada.

Know what I'm saying? Again, I'm not trying to be a bitch, but we've been sorta glazed over as "just another part of this great multicultural mosaic that make Canada!" Liberal leitmotiv for decades now. It grates.

I meant it more as "I'm happy that you guys haven't separated yet." I agree, you are Canada and I appreciate that, even if you are frequently cantankerous as fuck :hug:

Zoupa

I had to look up cantankerous lolz.  :hug:

Monoriu

As far as I am concerned, the only real divide between Canadians is those with passports, and those without. 

Oexmelin

Yes, but then again, you spend so much energy narrowing your concerns.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Monoriu

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 22, 2017, 06:44:32 PM
Yes, but then again, you spend so much energy narrowing your concerns.

That's an interesting take.  I have never looked at it from this perspective.  I would interpret it as I take care of my own concerns/business, so that I won't be a bother to other people as much as possible :contract:

Jacob

Quote from: Monoriu on January 22, 2017, 08:14:40 PM
That's an interesting take.  I have never looked at it from this perspective.  I would interpret it as I take care of my own concerns/business, so that I won't be a bother to other people as much as possible :contract:

My interpretation is that you are basically unable to deal with complexity or nuance so anything you can't reduce to binary propositions you deliberately ignore.

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on January 22, 2017, 10:57:31 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on January 22, 2017, 08:14:40 PM

My interpretation is that you are basically unable to deal with complexity or nuance so anything you can't reduce to binary propositions you deliberately ignore.

That's not how I look at it but I don't want to hijack this thread further.  If you want to talk about this, you are welcome to do so in my thread  ;)

viper37

O'Leary is off to a very good start.  Impressive, I might say.  Good attack, solid punches thrown out.  He might make a good Ontarian PM after all.  Oh wait, he's running to eventually be Canada's Prime Minister.  By attacking Ontario's PM on what she should do.

I'm getting a wee bit tired of morons in politics.

QuoteDear Premier Wynne,

Thank you for your letter. I have been writing you for a while now and was getting worried you were never going to write back.

I'm getting involved in the Conservative leadership race because I can't stand watching incompetent politicians destroy my country. You and Justin Trudeau are two of them. Rachel Notley would be the third.

Look at Ontario, if this province were a company it would have been forced to declare bankruptcy ages ago. Because of your neglectful actions, Ontario is the world's most in debt jurisdiction. Do you understand how bad that is? You and your policies have all but bankrupted a province that was once an economic powerhouse in Canada. If you were the CEO of one of my companies I would have fired you long ago.

Your complete disregard for the people of Ontario has caused hydro prices to become completely unaffordable for families, sometimes forcing them to choose between groceries and heat. I am sure you saw the video where one homeowner recently broke down in tears as she tried to explain the current situation to Justin Trudeau. His response was to pass the buck and to say this is an Ontario problem.

Premier, when you publicly took the blame and were forced to apologize to Ontarians because hydro prices have risen out of control, you admitted to "not paying close enough attention to some of the daily stresses facing Ontarians' lives."

What were you paying attention to? What exactly do you think your job is, if not to protect and support the people who elected you? How could you have let this happen?

Do you really think Ontario is going to be competitive with Michigan, and other northern states after Trump eliminates regulations and lowers taxes? You're dreaming. Admit it, you did not see him coming and now you are totally caught off guard. Your answer to everything is to raise taxes, take money from businesses that employ Ontarians and then try and re-invest it yourself. I'm sorry, but you are a terrible investor of taxpayers' money, that's why Ontario is $308 billion in debt. Harsh words? Sure but it's the truth. Maybe you should consider leaving some money in the hands of Ontario business owners and entrepreneurs who can use it to grow our economy instead of taxing it all away.

Premier, you are clearly out of touch. But if you really think you are doing a good job, then prove it, and call an election tomorrow. Unfortunately, we both know you won't do that though when you are sitting with a 16% approval rating in the polls. But I promise, it would be a very popular decision if you did.

Sincerely.

Kevin O'Leary

Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Candidate, Ontario taxpayer and your employer until the next election.

If you agree, tell me at https://olearyforcanada.ca and buy your Conservative Party of Canada membership so you can vote this May.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.