News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 17, 2011, 09:09:46 PM
The defenders can't run around the O-line up north, they have to run through. No traction. No snow is a huge advantage. Much wider margins for recruiting down south.

You can see it in Miami's D-line bouncing off OSU's guards.

Conversely, the boys up north on D can't catch the speed to the outside.  Not against running backs, bubble screens, or special teams.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2011, 09:17:26 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 17, 2011, 09:09:46 PM
The defenders can't run around the O-line up north, they have to run through. No traction. No snow is a huge advantage. Much wider margins for recruiting down south.

You can see it in Miami's D-line bouncing off OSU's guards.

Conversely, the boys up north on D can't catch the speed to the outside.  Not against running backs, bubble screens, or special teams.

Exactly right. Even if they moved all football operations south of the Mason-Dixon, they'd still have to play in the Great Lakes in winter against the B10 opponents. So the status quo will remain.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 17, 2011, 09:25:18 PM
Exactly right. Even if they moved all football operations south of the Mason-Dixon, they'd still have to play in the Great Lakes in winter against the B10 opponents. So the status quo will remain.

They just need to play the BCS National Championship Game at Soldier Field.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

That was weak.  Ohio State coach just decided to give up and not call timeouts down by 11 with ~1:40 left. 

CountDeMoney

I will admit, the Longhorns look pretty in their all-whites.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2011, 09:36:56 PM
I will admit, the Longhorns look pretty in their all-whites.

They are pretty
oh so pretty
they are pretty and witty and...ok better stop there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

ulmont

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 17, 2011, 03:47:08 PM
59-0 over their cupcake opposition this week. Maybe the Dawgs can pull out a winning season after all.  :hmm:

So the Dawgs went 59-0 against "Coastal Carolina," and Tech went 66-24 against Kansas.  I sense Thanksgiving pain in your future.

dps

Washington got screwed over by refs who apparantly have no idea what the fair catch rules are.  Not saying that they would have won otherwise, just that there were 2 clearly wrong calls on kicks and another questionable on.

CountDeMoney

'Noles just decided to wake the fuck up.

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Wow Berkut wasn't kidding about the Zona front 7.  They look pretty horrible here on Stanford's first drive.

But a nice pick of Luck there on the goal line!

Valmy

16-10 Stanford at the half.  Zona had some nice red zone stands and some creative defensive playcalling keeps them in it.

Nick Foles is awesome and how can Arizona's kicker be that bad?

MadBurgerMaker

The Oklahoma State game still hasn't been cancelled.  The're talking about a ~12am kickoff, provided there isn't any more lightning.    If there is more lightning, the game will be cancelled.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 17, 2011, 11:40:35 PM
The Oklahoma State game still hasn't been cancelled.  The're talking about a ~12am kickoff, provided there isn't any more lightning.    If there is more lightning, the game will be cancelled.

Aren't they playing Tulsa?  I mean they are pretty close together why not just reschedule the game?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2011, 11:41:48 PM
Aren't they playing Tulsa?  I mean they are pretty close together why not just reschedule the game?

Yeah, Tulsa.  I don't know why they don't just play it tomorrow or something, but they don't seem to be able to do that for whatever reason.

It's on FSSW if you want to watch some super late football.

Edit:  Possible 12:10am kickoff now, according to the announcer.  They'll be coming out to warm up in a few minutes.  There are people down on the field getting everything set up.