News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

The refs are apparently fans of the Maryland unis.  Fuck you, Mountainqueers.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 17, 2011, 03:19:52 AM
:hmm: You'd think Pitt would have it's eye on the Big 10 if it wanted to switch conferences.

No I wouldn't. The B10 already has the Pennsylvania market.

BTW: When did Temple get good?  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2011, 08:49:09 PM
But that's OK, they're gonna have their asses handed to them by Miami, and they'll know it.  Because it ain't Miami of Ohio.

It would be more of a challenge if it were.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

I'm sure Miami Florida has some hot cheerleaders too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Oxford. Snatch city. And good snatch too, since the school is a bit expensive and keeps most of the trash out.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

In a match of titans, mighty Wyoming traveled to Bowling Green and completely dominated the BGSU Falcons 28-27.  I won't speak about giving up a 90 yard drive with 1 minute left to almost tie, before BG stepped on their dicks and had the extra point blocked, but instead focus on the mighty, mighty Cowboys, now 3-0, readying themselves for Nebraska next week.

(as a fan of a poor team, being 3-0 is unheard of.  A true freshman quarterback, defense that is porous at best, and a long history of suckdom...all on the line)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Perhaps the foulness of Mountainqueer victory will be assuaged by a Notre Dame win over the Spartoons, provided they score more points than turnovers.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2011, 03:27:46 PM
Perhaps the foulness of Mountainqueer victory will be assuaged by a Notre Dame win over the Spartoons, provided they score more points than turnovers.

:punk: Missed most of the 4th quarter but I'm going to try to watch the last few minutes if I can get streaming video to work on this damned gogo in flight wifi.

Your Twerps got a couple of nice bullshit unnecessary roughness calls.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

59-0 over their cupcake opposition this week. Maybe the Dawgs can pull out a winning season after all.  :hmm:

Sadly, none of my cable stations offered this game, though I did have the option to watch Central Michigan vs. Western Michigan.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I'm currently reading an article in the current Atlantic about despotism and unfairness of the NCAA.  The title hook is about paying college athletes, but the meat of the article is really about how scammy the NCAA is.  All you college sports fans are probably already familiar with the various cases, rulings, and scandals mentioned, but you might want to check it out anyway.

Written in a more polemical style than is usual for the Atlantic, but still interesting.

Ed Anger

The Vols-Gators game turned into a shitfest.

FunkMonk

So I come home from work today having missed all the games and finally turn on ESPN and lo; what is it I find? 49-20? 

:hug:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

The 3:30 games weren't as entertaining as I hoped.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2011, 05:59:57 PM
The 3:30 games weren't as entertaining as I hoped.

Florida continues its dominance, Irish off the schnide.  Good enough for me.

Now for Florida State and the U to do their jobs tonight.

Ed Anger

I wasn't surprised at Sparty falling flat.