News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Nice fumble recovery for Iowa State in UConn territory, but they had to settle for a FG.  Still, 17-13 Cyclones.  :)

Also, while I was having a couple beers at the bar, I noticed Desmond Howard made a strange statement.  Dude picked Texas to be the most likely top 25 team to lose (no problem, it's UCLA), but then said they don't have a stud running back and are "still" having to rely on Malcolm Brown.  Very odd.  I mean, I know it's not super spectacular, but I'm pretty happy with a true freshman averaging more than 5 a carry.  Maybe that's just me?

He also said something about the Ash/McCoy combo not working or some such.  At that point, I figured he simply hadn't watched what happened when Squints went out and those two started playing, and basically didn't know what he was talking about.

E:  Aww great catch by the UConn WR for the TD.  Looked like the ISU DB had a pick, but at least would knock the pass away, but it somehow got through him. 

MadBurgerMaker

Man these Iowa State receivers are going to be a pain in the ass for Texas on Oct 1.  Circus catches, jumping over two dudes for touchdowns.  Just making plays all over the field in clutch situations.

E:  Iowa State wasn't able to get a first down, so are going to have to punt it away with 51 seconds left in the game, up by 4.   :hmm:

24-20 final Cyclones win. 

sbr

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on September 16, 2011, 11:36:55 PM
If you are going to be our news feed, at least be timely.  I knew that 3 days ago.

That's Texas, not Oklahoma.  AFAIK, that was first released this morning, or whenever this was first submitted:

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/pubomquery$omquery.queryview?P_OM_ID=137695&Z_CHK=%2033600

QuoteThe U. T. System Board of Regents will convene a Special Called meeting via telephone conference call from 3:00 p.m. to approximately 3:30 p.m. on September 19, 2011, according to the following agenda. It is necessary to conduct this special meeting by telephone because it was not possible to convene a quorum in one place in a timely manner.

A. CALL TO ORDER IN OPEN SESSION
B. RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION, IF NEEDED, PURSUANT TO TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, CHAPTER 551
Consultation with Attorney Regarding Legal Matters or Pending and/or Contemplated Litigation or Settlement Offers - Section 551.071
1. U. T. Austin: Discussion and appropriate action regarding potential legal issues related to athletic conference membership and contracting
2. U. T. System Board of Regents: Discussion and appropriate action regarding legal issues related to Regents¿ Rules and Regulations, Rule 10403, Sections 9 and 10
C. RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION FOR ACTION, IF ANY, ON EXECUTIVE SESSION ITEMS AND TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS
1. U. T. Austin: Discussion and appropriate action regarding delegation to act on matters related to athletic conference membership and contracting
2. U. T. Austin: Discussion and appropriate action regarding possible authorization for use of the Frank C. Erwin, Jr. Special Events Center for a concert to benefit victims of the Texas wildfires
D. ADJOURN

sbr

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on September 16, 2011, 11:40:49 PM
Meh.

It's set up to be like a couple hours after Oklahoma's meeting.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 16, 2011, 11:42:09 PM
Meh.

So after OU chickens out, Texas will announce they will be staying right where they are.  Oh how exciting it shall be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2011, 11:52:19 PM
So after OU chickens out, Texas will announce they will be staying right where they are.  Oh how exciting it shall be.

Could be something like "Welp we tried to keep this shit together, but can't, so we're going somewhere on our own, sorry Tech and Bayor (lolz)"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 16, 2011, 11:42:09 PM
Meh.

You got some inside information? Everything I read has the OU board of regents unanimous on leaving for the PAC-12 whether Texas follows them or not.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

:hmm: You'd think Pitt would have it's eye on the Big 10 if it wanted to switch conferences.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6980076/big-east-members-syracuse-pitt-talks-atlantic-coast-conference
QuoteReport: Syracuse, Pitt talk to ACC

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Syracuse and Pittsburgh are in talks with the Atlantic Coast Conference about leaving the Big East to join the league, The New York Times reported Friday night.

The story posted on the newspaper's website cited an unidentified source with direct knowledge of the talks. Officials at Pittsburgh, Syracuse and the ACC declined comment when reached by the Times.

If Syracuse and Pittsburgh decide to leave the Big East, it could lead to another dramatic shuffle in college athletics. Texas A&M has announced its intention to join the Southeastern Conference, leaving the future of the Big 12 in doubt.

Syracuse is a founding member of the Big East, and Pittsburgh joined the league in 1982.

"We've been dealing with the fluidity of the conference landscape on multiple levels for a week," Amy Yakola, the ACC's associate commissioner for public relations and marketing, told the newspaper, "and at this point we wouldn't be able to comment on speculation."

Mike Finn, the ACC's associate commissioner for football communications, told The Associated Press late Friday night he was unaware of any such talks and didn't know anything about the Times report.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 17, 2011, 03:19:52 AM
:hmm: You'd think Pitt would have it's eye on the Big 10 if it wanted to switch conferences.

Pitt is probably just trying to find a conference where they might be able to win a conference championship.  Maybe they should try the MAC. 

Eddie Teach

You'd still get your wildfire benefit concert.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2011, 08:32:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2011, 07:16:18 PM
Go Zips or whatever Toledo is.

Typical Ohio State asshole.

Goddamn right. All the MAC faggits look the same.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Woah, if true the party has started.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/32034930

QuotePitt, Syracuse send ACC letters of application
Posted on: September 17, 2011 9:27 am
Edited on: September 17, 2011 9:31 am

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Atlantic Coast Conference has received letters of application from Pittsburgh and Syracuse, a high ranking league official told CBSSports.com.

The ACC also has recently been contacted by 10 schools, the official said. However, they would not disclose what conferences those schools were from.

Also, at last week's ACC presidents meeting in Greensboro, N.C., the league's presidents "unanimously" voted to increase the ACC's exit fee to $20 million. This takes affect immediately.

The New York Times reported Friday that Syracuse, Pitt and the ACC had been in talks about the two Big East schools joining the league. Representatives from all three declined comment to the Times.

ACC commissioner John Swofford has said previously that the ACC will always be mindful and do what's best for its member institutions."

1 Karma Chameleon point