News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Apologies if I've asked this before, but is the Kraut who plays DE for the Noles an honest to goodness Kraut or a fake Kraut-GI half caste?

My dislike for zone read offenses continues to deepen.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Just keep running up the middle already. They've proven they can't stop it. And leave the new kid in. The old kid is off his game.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 17, 2011, 08:49:12 PM
Just keep running up the middle already. They've proven they can't stop it. And leave the new kid in. The old kid is off his game.

I still annoyed that Kenny Guiton isn't even considered to fling the ball. Also, Storm is a cool name for a linebacker.

CountDeMoney

OSU should just use gunners as part of their base defense;  it'd be the only way they can cut off the speed to the sidelines.

MadBurgerMaker

In unfair matchup news:  Missouri is beating poor Western Illinois 69-0.  They have 743 yards of offense, 316 passing, 427 rushing.  W. Illinois has 38 yards on O.

Ed Anger

Oh hell, Fickell found Tressel's green playbook and is running Pryor's old plays.

MadImmortalMan

The defenders can't run around the O-line up north, they have to run through. No traction. No snow is a huge advantage. Much wider margins for recruiting down south.

You can see it in Miami's D-line bouncing off OSU's guards.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 17, 2011, 05:44:21 PM
So I come home from work today having missed all the games and finally turn on ESPN and lo; what is it I find? 49-20? 

:hug:

It was even more awesome than the score indicated.  We have seen life after Gilbert and it is sweet indeed.

The front seven of the defense looked meh though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

OH, BRAXTON.  :yuk:

I'm going to bed. This shit is annoying me.

MadImmortalMan

Could be worse, Ed. Could be the Redhawks!

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 17, 2011, 08:06:50 PM
Well at least that FSU WR is still alive.  :blink:

THat was ridiculous.  The dude catches a sure TD and then two Sooners smash him in a massive helmet-to-helmet.  Not only do they knock him out, causing him to drop the ball.  The pass gets ruled incomplete all FSU gets is a half distance to the endzone.  FSU then throws a pick.  It just seems wrong when a vicious helmet spearing turns out to be the key to a defensive stop.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2011, 09:14:04 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 17, 2011, 08:06:50 PM
Well at least that FSU WR is still alive.  :blink:

THat was ridiculous.  The dude catches a sure TD and then two Sooners smash him in a massive helmet-to-helmet.  Not only do they knock him out, causing him to drop the ball.  The pass gets ruled incomplete all FSU gets is a half distance to the endzone.  FSU then throws a pick.  It just seems wrong when a vicious helmet spearing turns out to be the key to a defensive stop.

Oklahoma's been bashing the shit out of FSU players all night. Can't wait till they try that shit with Alabama.  YOU DONT KNOW WHAT PAIN IS

CountDeMoney

Jacory Harris is the black Gino Torretta.  Well, blacker.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2011, 06:01:40 PM
Irish off the schnide.  Good enough for me.

I watched their first two games.  They should have won both they just blew it.  The Irish are about to get it going.