News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

The window was extremely tight; these bigass movies need a lot of time to get shot, edited and have all the effects added in. If Johnson is doing rewrites, it was probably safer to push it back to December.

The Brain

Watching a PBS documentary. I'm not paying, damn you!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

So those were the only episodes of Luther in series 4?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Suicide Squad trailer looks awesome.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

It's 11 PM and I just had a meeting cancelled for tomorrow morning. I have 5 Daredevil eps left to watch. I think I'm going for it.

Fate

Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2016, 03:27:40 PM
Carol

Lovely, lovely film.

Meh. I didn't see the spark between the two. The film was way too sterile.

viper37

Sequel to Terminator: Genisys is no longer in the books, apparently.  Taken of schedule to be replaced by Baywatch.
Not a surprise, not a disapointment.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

I saw they cast Alexandra Daddario as one of the Baywatch girls. I think the switch is a net positive.

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2016, 07:24:44 PM
I saw they cast Alexandra Daddario as one of the Baywatch girls. I think the switch is a net positive.
Please refrain from discussing the future ex-mrs. katmai please.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2016, 07:24:44 PM
her and Pryanka Choppra too.  Great movie, I foresee.  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Finished binge-watching Daredevil. Liked it, looking forward to the second season.

Jessica Jones as good? Might follow with that.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on January 21, 2016, 05:19:25 AM
Finished binge-watching Daredevil. Liked it, looking forward to the second season.

I thought so, it really gets moving a few episodes in when David Tennant begins to get some action.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on January 21, 2016, 05:19:25 AM

Haven't watched Daredevil but JJ is good as far as I got (I'm midway through it but have not been able to watch more during the last couple of weeks). It's noir-ish, with plenty of moping and angst by the main character, and not too heavy on action pieces, which I believe Daredevil has more of. And it takes a few episodes to get going, until David Tennant gets more protagonism, like Liep said.

Apparently both Daredevil and Jessica Jones have been renewed for a 2nd season, which IIRC was not on Netflix's original plans. AFAIK they intended to do one season each of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and then a show on all of them as The Defenders, but now they are changing this original plan to include the 2nd seasons. Daredevil's will be released this year, as well as Luke Cage's first season, while Iron Fist's still hasn't been made and has no release date. I hope the showrunners for Daredevil and JJ have good plans for the 2nd seasons, in case they were not expecting to make them originally and closed the 1st seasons ready for the Defenders show.

garbon

Quote from: Fate on January 20, 2016, 05:53:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2016, 03:27:40 PM
Carol

Lovely, lovely film.

Meh. I didn't see the spark between the two. The film was way too sterile.

True it was not a rom com. More the better for it, really.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: The Larch on January 21, 2016, 06:38:51 AM
Apparently both Daredevil and Jessica Jones have been renewed for a 2nd season, which IIRC was not on Netflix's original plans. AFAIK they intended to do one season each of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and then a show on all of them as The Defenders, but now they are changing this original plan to include the 2nd seasons. Daredevil's will be released this year, as well as Luke Cage's first season, while Iron Fist's still hasn't been made and has no release date. I hope the showrunners for Daredevil and JJ have good plans for the 2nd seasons, in case they were not expecting to make them originally and closed the 1st seasons ready for the Defenders show.

Daredevil had season two ordered within weeks of season one hitting Netflix, so I doubt it was much of a disruption.  Plus, they are using season two as a vehicle to bring the Punisher into the family.