News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I think some months ago we were discussing the possibility of The Punisher getting its own Netflix series; seems our prayers might have been answered.  :w00t:

http://deadline.com/2016/01/daredevil-the-punisher-netflix-jon-bernthal-1201684475/

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on January 16, 2016, 03:02:49 PM
Back from Hateful 8. I actually liked it; it's unnecessarily long and too self-indulgent in places, plus the ending is a bit of a mess... but Tarantino manages to hold my attention for a 3-hour movie that happens inside a cabin, and I didn't check my watch until the intermission came up. The cast is great throughout, too (with the exception of Mardsen). Leigh in particular is great. Why doesn't she get more work?
Sorry your reviews have been tainted.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Hudson Hawk AINT THAT BAD.

katmai

celedhring

katmai

In all seriousness, you are one of few people i've hear say that like Hateful.

garbon

Saw Trainwreck and Entourage movie on the plane. Both were watchable enough for a plane.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: katmai on January 16, 2016, 05:50:05 PM
In all seriousness, you are one of few people i've hear say that like Hateful.

I know, most people I met haven't liked it. Maybe it was low expectations, but I was pretty entertained. It's far from a perfect film, but it has some great stuff in it.

The people I saw it with also liked it.

Zanza

Saw The Martian and Bridge of Spies on the plane. Both really good entertainment that kept me focused throughout.

Josquius

That awful looking Warcraft movie that is coming up.
When I went to see Star Wars they even played two trailers for it- a sure sign it will be awful and they're desperate to pull people in early.
Yet I just read today.....Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) is directing. A light? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2016, 06:49:51 AM
A light? :hmm:

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
is just a freight train headed your way.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Source Code wasted a great premise, imho. Moon was interesting, but a bit too convoluted.

Warcraft looks just downright terrible.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on January 17, 2016, 09:59:24 AM
Source Code wasted a great premise, imho. Moon was interesting, but a bit too convoluted.

Warcraft looks just downright terrible.
Moon is perhaps the best sci-fi of the century so far IMO. Absolutely brilliant film.
Source Code...was good. Not great. But good.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: celedhring on January 16, 2016, 04:52:01 PM
Also, I'm aware Tarantino wasn't aiming for naturalism, but did the n-word get that much play in XIXth century America?  :hmm:

I don't really know, but on a guess I'd say it was pretty commonly used.

garbon

Carol

Lovely, lovely film.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.