News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on January 14, 2016, 12:14:18 PM
Funnily enough, of the 5 best actor nominees, 4 of the roles are real people (Bryan Cranston for playing Dalton Trumbo, Fassbender as Steve Jobs, DiCaprio for Hugh Glass and Redmayne for Lilli Elbe), while only one (Matt Damon in The Martian) is a wholly fictitious character.

It was the same last year, 4 real people (Redmayne as Hawking, Cumberbach as Turing, Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle and Steve Carell as John Du Pont), 1 fictitious character (Michael Keaton in Birdman).

Yeah, they seem to be going through a biopic crush.

Valmy

QuoteSteve Carell as John Du Pont

Wait they made a movie about the rich guy who shot that wrestler? Huh. Well I guess that story was weird enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on January 14, 2016, 01:07:16 PM
QuoteSteve Carell as John Du Pont

Wait they made a movie about the rich guy who shot that wrestler? Huh. Well I guess that story was weird enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxcatcher

celedhring

He was really good in it, too. So was Channing Tatum, surprisingly.

Valmy

Ah a Box office bust, no wonder I had not heard of it before. But considering how creepy and disturbing that story was I can understand why people did not rush to see it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Watched Golden Globes. Loved Ricky Gervais as always.  :lol:

By the way, can this guy from Arrested Development/Transparent stop acting like he is some sort of Doctors Without Borders slash Messiah every time he receives an award? He is acting in a comedy series made by an online store. Jesus, get some perspective.

Martinus

Loving this ad campaign for Deadpool: :D

Josquius

Deadpool has had a lot of interesting pre release  marketing.
I'm skeptical about how the film will be. I think we've reached the point of super hero overload.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

It's pretty primed for a film like Deadpool, though. The comic is pretty much a sendup of the whole genre.

Darth Wagtaros

I don't wanna hear anything bad about The Pool!
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Far From the Madding Crowd- another film in which Carey Mulligan makes bad choices about men.  :P Decent film for those of us whom Hardy doesn't bore to tears.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Cloverfield sequel trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z4o3fNBqUo&feature=youtu.be

I rooted for the monster in the first. No sign of it in the trailer, though.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Yeah, they say it's sorta "in the same universe" or whatever. It will have an IMAX release anyway, and I don't think a movie taking place entirely in a basement would be getting an IMAX release. There's obviously more than what the trailer is letting out.

The Brain

Nights in Rodanthe is on TV.

James Franco... the doctor??!? :o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.