News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Wrestling was awesome until I turned 14. 
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

I watched wrestling as a kid because we only had one TV channel and sometimes it was on.  I watched a ton of bowling too.

Eddie Teach

I never watched wrestling itself, but I did watch the WWF cartoon they made.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2016, 06:02:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 12, 2016, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2016, 05:54:39 PM
I'd still like to know what "to all skeet skeet motherfuckers" means.  :hmm:

I'm not sure we have the intellectual acumen to process the true meaning of that profound phrase.  :hmm:

Something to do with the generative life force expressing itself.

:D

Thankfully there is a great lyrics site these days.

http://genius.com/44123

Quote"Skeet skeet" is slang for ejaculation (which can also be used as a verb)

So Malthus was right!

Admiral Yi

Darth Wagtaros

Love Gallavant.

Was also happy to see the return of Chardeemacdennis on It's Always Sunny.
PDH!

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on January 13, 2016, 01:17:54 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2016, 06:02:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 12, 2016, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2016, 05:54:39 PM
I'd still like to know what "to all skeet skeet motherfuckers" means.  :hmm:

I'm not sure we have the intellectual acumen to process the true meaning of that profound phrase.  :hmm:

Something to do with the generative life force expressing itself.

:D

Thankfully there is a great lyrics site these days.

http://genius.com/44123

Quote"Skeet skeet" is slang for ejaculation (which can also be used as a verb)

So Malthus was right!

;)

Actually, I cheated. I looked it up and then tried to think up the most pretentious possible phrase ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Oh, I did know what 'skeet skeet' was, but did appreciate your colorful way with words. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2016, 10:27:43 AM
Oh, I did know what 'skeet skeet' was, but did appreciate your colorful way with words. :hug:

Now if only we could think of a way to describe the violent ballet of pro wrestling, so we could join BB in his intellectual appreciation of it.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2016, 06:04:24 PM
Actually appears to be a lie. I'm sad. :(

That is what BB said when he thought more deeply about wrestling.

Martinus

Martinus

Finished season 2 of BoJack Horseman. One of the best shows on tv.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2016, 10:39:37 AM

I said I was deep into wrestling, not that my thoughts were deep. :rolleyes:

I did say there was a more intellectual way to enjoy wrestling if you were so inclined.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Wrestling is like comic books - it's story lines with OTT characters that build tension, have twists and character turns and lead up to major confrontations/pay offs, all partially told through fights/matches that while choreographed or at least coordinated still require athletic ability and a certain talent to make it somewhat convincing.

This video explains it well: "Wrestling isn't wrestling." It tells the story of one of the most influential and popular characters, Triple H, but replaces all male characters with good looking young women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2016, 04:15:11 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2016, 10:39:37 AM

I said I was deep into wrestling, not that my thoughts were deep. :rolleyes:

I did say there was a more intellectual way to enjoy wrestling if you were so inclined.

And when you thought more deeply (intellectually if you will) you realized it was a.... oh never mind.  Carry on with your intellectual ways.