And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on January 05, 2016, 09:22:48 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 04, 2016, 06:26:32 PM
Watched the Last Kingdom on netflix.  I liked it a lot.  Good witty dialogue, a good story and good production value.

Heh, glad to hear it - that's one I am looking forward to seeing.
you'll like it. 
The British are the good guys, surprisingly. They refuse shelter to immigrants fleeing dreadful conditions in their home country, abandonning everything to seek a new life in a strange new land, even adopting some of the local's customs, yet are met by fear and rejection from the English.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2016, 10:54:38 PM
Anyone else watching The Expanse?

Starts out slow, but is very, very good so far.
yep, 5 episodes in, 2nd best start for a sci-fi show I've seen so far.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

What's #1? Lost? BSG? Walking Dead?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Yeah, really enjoying it.

11B4V

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Caught Voyage of the Dawn Treader on the telly; I didn't like the previous Narnia flicks, but I hadn't seen this one yet. It's a bit better, but still pretty mediocre entertainment.

The Brain

Saw a documentary on the St Bees Man. I had never heard of him before, which is weird.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on January 05, 2016, 11:52:37 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 05, 2016, 09:22:48 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 04, 2016, 06:26:32 PM
Watched the Last Kingdom on netflix.  I liked it a lot.  Good witty dialogue, a good story and good production value.

Heh, glad to hear it - that's one I am looking forward to seeing.
you'll like it. 
The British are the good guys, surprisingly. They refuse shelter to immigrants fleeing dreadful conditions in their home country, abandonning everything to seek a new life in a strange new land, even adopting some of the local's customs, yet are met by fear and rejection from the English.

:lol:

Well played.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2016, 10:53:50 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 05, 2016, 01:22:32 PM
Does anyone here watch Galavant? :P

I watched the first couple of episodes of season 1. Was really looking forward to it.

It was horrifically bad.

You, Sir, have no taste. :P

Valmy

Berkut may have missed the point. Anyway my wife confirmed the new episode is, indeed, hilarious. I will try to check it out in the next few days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:43:20 PM
Berkut may have missed the point. Anyway my wife confirmed the new episode is, indeed, hilarious. I will try to check it out in the next few days.

I need to meet Mrs Valmy. :P

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 06, 2016, 01:49:20 PM

I think you two would get along pretty well. She even likes Bill Maher.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:51:36 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 06, 2016, 01:49:20 PM

I think you two would get along pretty well. She even likes Bill Maher.
Excellent. I have always had a soft spot for women who are the smarter part of the relationship. Pass my regards.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 06, 2016, 01:53:00 PM
Excellent. I have always had a soft spot for women who are the smarter part of the relationship. Pass my regards.  :cool:

:lol: I will pass that along.