News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I gotta side with Berkut here; was looking forward to it but the first episode was really bad and forced. "Look at me trying to be funny and quirky and self-referential" forced.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:43:20 PM
Berkut may have missed the point.
the clip posted here confirmed my suspicion that Berkut was right.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Finished Daredevil. I like both that and the really strong woman comic show much more than both Arrow and Flash which I never got past the first few episodes of.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

OMG NETFLIX JUST OPENED IN POLAND I CAN FINALLY STOP STEALING TV SHOWS.

*disappears for several weeks*

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on January 06, 2016, 03:01:28 PM
OMG NETFLIX JUST OPENED IN POLAND I CAN FINALLY STOP STEALING TV SHOWS.

*disappears for several weeks*

Welcome back when you discover that because you've been stealing TV shows you're one season ahead of the Netflix Curve.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2016, 02:58:00 PM
Finished Daredevil. I like both that and the really strong woman comic show much more than both Arrow and Flash which I never got past the first few episodes of.
March 25!
Second season.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Straight Outta Compton:B+
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on December 30, 2015, 05:14:21 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 30, 2015, 01:46:07 PM
Just read that DiCaprio turned down the role of Anakin in ep. 2 and 3

Good calls.

For him, yeah, sure.  But for people who watched episode 2, not so much.  I mean, he couldn't have been as bad in it as Hayden Christiansen, right?

It was the dialogue that made the prequels bad, no actor could have saved it. Hayden's physical acting was fine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Watched about 10 minutes of The Dictator, I guess the most recent Sasha Cohen film.  Embarassingly bad.

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 07, 2016, 12:46:43 AM
Quote from: dps on December 30, 2015, 05:14:21 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 30, 2015, 01:46:07 PM
Just read that DiCaprio turned down the role of Anakin in ep. 2 and 3

Good calls.

For him, yeah, sure.  But for people who watched episode 2, not so much.  I mean, he couldn't have been as bad in it as Hayden Christiansen, right?

It was the dialogue that made the prequels bad, no actor could have saved it. Hayden's physical acting was fine.

It wasn't, like. His brooding throughout the saga is pretty laughable. But I agree on the sentiment that no great actor could have saved that script. Portman was terrible in them too and she's very talented.

Admiral Yi

Portman was fucked by the Kabuki alto voice.  Among other things.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2016, 03:38:34 AM
Portman was fucked by the Kabuki alto voice.  Among other things.

Sadly not me.

You were setting up that joke, right?

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2016, 01:18:03 AM
Watched about 10 minutes of The Dictator, I guess the most recent Sasha Cohen film.  Embarassingly bad.

Borat was only good because of its cynical look at American culture, which it did reasonably well. But this and that other one he made, the fashion guru guy, were terrible.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Daredevil and Punisher:

Loved that scene in the Punisher comics. :)

[spoiler]Punisher planned eliminating a mafia big wig. Daredevil, with his "no kill" rule, tried to stop him. They whacked each other, and Punisher tied Daredevil up. He then gave him a revolver. The only way Daredevil can stop Punisher from shooting the criminal is by shooting the Punisher. It's a pretty tense scene, and in the end Daredevil does not shoot. (And as it turned out Frank Castle gave Daredevil a non-functioning gun, anyways - he just wanted to give Daredevil a taste of what he feels like when he takes out criminals.)[/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

This is one of the odder film publicity shots I've seen:

Ingrid Pitt (1937-2010), Polish actress, Pippa Steel (1948-1992), British actress, Kate O'Mara, British actress, Madeline Smith, British actress, and Kirsten Betts, Danish actress, all wearing long white dresses and each standing with a foot on a coffin, in a publicity portrait issued for the film, 'The Vampire Lovers', 1970. The Hammer horror film, directed by Roy Ward Baker (1916–2010), starred Pitt as 'Marcilla Karnstein', Steel as 'Laura', O'Mara as 'Governess Mlle. Perrodot', Smith as 'Emma Morton', and Betts as '1st Vampire'.
January 01, 1970| Credit: Silver Screen Collection
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"