News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Flight. Started out interesting, then took a heavy moralizing turn.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 27, 2015, 06:16:48 PM
Flight. Started out interesting, then took a heavy moralizing turn.

Auto-pilot had disengaged?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on December 27, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

:huh:

I think some part in the back malfunctioned which caused the plane to go into an uncontrollable dive.

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 27, 2015, 07:01:43 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 27, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

:huh:

I think some part in the back malfunctioned which caused the plane to go into an uncontrollable dive.

I meant the script auto-pilot disengaged.  :P

Eddie Teach

Metaphor doesn't really fit.

mongers

Eddie Teach

I mean, it would have made more sense to say they turned autopilot on when the focus turned to the pilot's drinking problem.

celedhring

So, does the film crash or does it soar?

God, Variety writers must have had a field day with this one.

Razgovory

I've been watching Making a Murderer on Netflix.  A terrifying and brutal critique on our justice system.  Scariest part is watching two police detectives get a confession out of a retarded kid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Babadook!-Australian woman goes crazy.  Fails to kill her annoying kid, kills her cute dog. Sad.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 29, 2015, 05:14:51 AM
The Big Short

What did you think of it? I'm moderately interested in that film.

garbon

I'm not sure. I had not realised it was basically a documentary with actors taking the place of real people. I think it was good though I'm not sure I liked it. But then I'm not a fan of moralising in films even when, as in this case, it is warranted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 27, 2015, 11:29:10 AM
So, should I watch The Man Who Would Be King? I remember watching this as a kid but these things sometimes tend to age badly - so wondering if I should give it another go?

It's a John Huston film, of course it's still good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Just read that DiCaprio turned down the role of Anakin in ep. 2 and 3 and the role as Robin  in Batman Forever.

Good calls.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk