News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I have seen that film  :blush:

When I was in my early 20s I had a huge obsession with Hammer horror films (there are some gems in them, that said). Cheesecake was always one of the main selling points of their films, so that still isn't really weird at all.

celedhring

Harrison Ford has now become the highest grossing movie star of all time, dethroning former #1 Samuel L. Jackson (who, in addition to the Star Wars prequels and the Avengers flicks, has been in like 1000000000 films).

lustindarkness

That would make a good poster. BTW, was 'The Vampire Lovers' any good?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 07, 2016, 05:24:19 PM
That would make a good poster. BTW, was 'The Vampire Lovers' any good?

Decent, I guess. Not as good as some of their classics from the 60s, but not as bad as some of the stuff that they would do afterwards. Also: lesbian vampires.

mongers

And based on a 'true' story, she was one of Tamas ancestors :whistle:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Did anyone catch War and Peace, the 2016 mini-tv series, currently airing in the UK?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

The Pledge. I'd seen it before, but forgotten most of it. Kind of interesting, but also kinda draggy, and without a fulfilling resolution. B-
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on January 07, 2016, 04:09:54 PM

When I was in my early 20s I had a huge obsession with Hammer horror films (there are some gems in them, that said). Cheesecake was always one of the main selling points of their films, so that still isn't really weird at all.

I even have Vampire Lovers on Blu-ray.  :Embarrass: :P
Nothing to be ashamed of, unlike some critics back then.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on January 07, 2016, 11:23:30 PM
Did anyone catch War and Peace, the 2016 mini-tv series, currently airing in the UK?

no. Is it good?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on January 08, 2016, 09:11:00 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 07, 2016, 11:23:30 PM

no. Is it good?
after 1hr (out of 8), I'd say not really.  But I like this period of history, so I shall watch the rest of it.

Also, my perception may be tainted by my own difficulty to understand some of the actors.  And the camera work is confusing during the battle scenes.  They want to show the effects of the war on people, so you rarely get a good shot of the whole battlefield, only localized action centered on the character, with a camera going on all direction.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 08, 2016, 05:38:20 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 07, 2016, 04:09:54 PM

I even have Vampire Lovers on Blu-ray.  :Embarrass: :P
Nothing to be ashamed of it, unlike some critics back then.

There are some pretty great Hammer Films, and some pretty embarrassing crap too  :P

I'd say Vampire Lovers lies in between.

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on January 08, 2016, 10:56:58 AM

There are some pretty great Hammer Films, and some pretty embarrassing crap too  :P

Yeah but you also liked Hudson Hawk.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Come on! It's not that bad!  :Embarrass:

celedhring

Deadwood movie in the works.

http://www.avclub.com/article/hbo-has-greenlit-deadwood-movie-230448

Dunno what to think of this, a bit too late now.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on January 08, 2016, 10:56:58 AM

I watched the final Hammer movie on the big screen some time ago: To the Devil... a Daughter http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075334/
It's not bad actually. Christopher Lee, Richard Widmark and Nastasja Kinski inside.