News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

http://www.cineplex.com/News/Liam-Hemsworth-joins-Jeff-Goldblum-and-Bill-Pullman-in-epic-first-teaser-for-iIndependence-Day-Resurgencei.aspx

A new Independence Day movie is due out in 2016. Could be interesting if you liked the original. This will be without Will Smith's character.

celedhring

Wookiees and black people get shafted in the Chinese Star Wars poster.

Syt

Black people scare and confuse Asians?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

After Jar Jar Binks yes they do.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2015, 03:55:46 PM
Black people scare and confuse Asians?

All Asians are racists.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2015, 03:50:13 PM
Wookiees and black people get shafted

That would be a whole different movie.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

I'd rather have Lena Dunham shit in my cereal than watch that stupid Independece Day sequel.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2015, 11:41:25 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2015, 04:42:09 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 14, 2015, 01:40:27 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2015, 01:36:59 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 13, 2015, 08:30:02 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 12, 2015, 01:39:38 PM

Had completely forgotten they were making an Independence Day sequel  :bleeding:

^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

And man, does President Whitmore look like a wreck.

Probably lost 20-30 million American citizens under his watch.

I was a bit worried that I'd finally grown up after finding the Star Wars and the latest Batman vs. Superman trailers terrible. I confirm after watching that trailer, that I have not. :)

You think the Star Wars trailer looks terrible, but like the ID trailer?  :wacko:

Anyways for the Timmies in the crowd, there's a alt-history / marketing website that sets out the alternate history of the world since ID4.

http://www.warof1996.com/

But does it have a map?  :P

celedhring

According to an article that I've just read, there's been $130m worth of Star Wars ads in the US alone  :lol:

Actually there haven't been that many ads for the movie itself over here in Spain, but we're drowned in a deluge of ads for toys, games, and such. Having a Star Wars movie coming out over Christmas is like a perfect storm.

Syt

I read an article that of the $4 billion that Disney paid for Lucasfilm, they've already earned half of it back, mostly through Ep. 7 licensing deals and ticket pre-sales.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Well, based on the Independence Day sequel webpage, it appears Will Smith was too expensive for the sequel.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Smith hasn't been very busy for a while, guess he doesn't LOVE his job like some of these guys do.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

He had (at least) one movie release per year from 1995 - 2016, with only a short break between 2008's Seven Pounds and 2012's MiB3. In fact, he's in two 2015 movies (Focus and Concussion), and will be in next year's Suicide Squad (all according to Wikipedia).
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Didn't he chose to do Suicide Squad over this?