News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2015, 04:29:37 AM
He had (at least) one movie release per year from 1995 - 2016,

So 2-3 months working and the rest of the year enjoying his money.  :D

Some actors like to keep busy even after they've made it, and they'll get 4-6 credits a year.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

You also have to add all the promotion tours in that time. After 20 years, I can guess appearing in every talk show in every corner in the world (he comes to Spain to promote almost every movie he does, for example) can get very old.

I mean, he leads a blessed life, but I can see why he would dial it down after a while. He's already a millionaire afterall.

The Larch

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 15, 2015, 04:48:11 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2015, 04:29:37 AM
He had (at least) one movie release per year from 1995 - 2016,

So 2-3 months working and the rest of the year enjoying his money.  :D

Some actors like to keep busy even after they've made it, and they'll get 4-6 credits a year.

A listers don't do that many movies per year, if they do several quite probably they'll only be doing secondary characters. Besides it's not just the time shooting the film, but also doing promotion for it that has to be taken into account.

Syt

Yeah, there's the whole talk show circuit, in the U.S. and abroad, plus premieres to attend, plus other promo events. I'm betting travel time takes up a lot of their schedule.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

After watching Jesse Cox' excellent South Park Stick of Truth playthrough, I've started watching South Park, season 1. I've never actively avoided the series; it's just that when it came out it was shoddily dubbed. I later caught a few episodes here and there.

Half way through season 1, and I like it, though thanks to the internet it doesn't feel as transgressive as it might have been when those episodes originally aired, ca. 20 years ago.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I finished binge watching Star Wars Rebels last night (the eps are so short that the whole affair takes like 4-5 hours). It's decent if you're a Star Wars junkie (like I am). I don't doubt that if I was 12 I'd have loved it.

I was slightly pissed that... [spoiler]the great reveal of who's the rebel mastermind ends up being Bail Organa. Who gives a shit about Bail Organa?[/spoiler] :D

The end of season cliffhanger is good enough that I'll at least check the first eps of the next season when they are available in Spain.

Jaron

[spoiler] BAIL ORGANA???!! [/spoiler]
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 15, 2015, 05:54:10 AM
I finished binge watching Star Wars Rebels last night (the eps are so short that the whole affair takes like 4-5 hours). It's decent if you're a Star Wars junkie (like I am). I don't doubt that if I was 12 I'd have loved it.

I was slightly pissed that... [spoiler]the great reveal of who's the rebel mastermind ends up being Bail Organa. Who gives a shit about Bail Organa?[/spoiler] :D

The end of season cliffhanger is good enough that I'll at least check the first eps of the next season when they are available in Spain.

Wasn't the bigger reveal that the mysterious Fulcrum is [spoiler]Ahsoka Tano?[/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2015, 06:23:16 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 15, 2015, 05:54:10 AM

Wasn't the bigger reveal that the mysterious Fulcrum is [spoiler]Ahsoka Tano?[/spoiler]

Don't think he's seen the Clone Wars, so that wouldn't mean anything to him.

Definitely should see it. After all, it's a show for children!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Indeed, I haven't seen the Clone Wars, so I have no idea whether that Fulcrum character is actually somebody.

I have ended up enjoying Rebels somewhat, particularly the later episodes, so I might dare check Clone Wars out, too.

Syt

A few key characters from Clone Wars appear again in Rebels season 2, so at least reading up on some of the characters might be a good idea. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Ok, it seems my employer has the Spanish rights of The Clone Wars too. I hope they don't start wondering why am I suddenly asking to watch so many kiddie series for "research".

celedhring

Of course, unless The Force Awakens sucks and sours me on everything Star Wars... until the next one comes out.

Syt

Clone Wars is 121 episodes. You can binge watch in a nonstop 48 hour session. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould