News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: celedhring on December 13, 2015, 07:36:38 AM
Disney will lift the review embargo on Star Wars this Wednesday. That's the day I'll turn internet off until Friday.

It has started. :o The hype is real. I will stay off the web myself other than my usual forums. I can only imagine how annoying facebook Star Wars spoilers will be the next couple of days (facebook is annoying enough lol).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

There's a Chrome plug in to block Star Wars spoilers. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

[spoiler]Luke is a little short to be a storm trooper.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Surprisingly there are still loads of tickets available for tomorrow at 10:00am. Should I go?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

People are retweeting comments from people that attended the world premiere yesterday. I'll turn off social media until Friday  :lol:

Probably will limit my internet exposure to this place and the Paradox Spanish forums.

lustindarkness

I was headed to yahoo mail, and yahoo is like all Star Wars articles right now.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Beats all Trump articles.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 15, 2015, 10:54:10 AM
Beats all Trump articles.

'Long ago in a galaxy far, far away, a tedious blowhard was set to gain control of the imperial senate with his unique brand of mindless populism ... "

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on December 15, 2015, 10:31:43 AM
People are retweeting comments from people that attended the world premiere yesterday. I'll turn off social media until Friday  :lol:

Probably will limit my internet exposure to this place and the Paradox Spanish forums.

Smart move.   :)  The Force will be strong in the twitter-verse!  :ph34r:

Syt

I had a look at what my best option for getting home after the Imax premiere would be. Night bus: 40-45 minutes. Going on foot: 20-25 minutes. :hmm: If the weather is too shitty/cold I'll probably take a taxi, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Going Thursday night to IMAX 3D screening.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

Thursday 1900, 3D.
With my Vader (in front of a Christmas tree) T-shirt :nerd:. I will make sure my kids wear nerdy/geek t-shirts too. If I could only get The Wife to wear something nerdy :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 15, 2015, 01:02:44 PM
Thursday 1900, 3D.
With my Vader (in front of a Christmas tree) T-shirt :nerd:. I will make sure my kids wear nerdy/geek t-shirts too. If I could only get The Wife to wear something nerdy :hmm:
Trying to choose between these two shirts.
or
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Thursday 1900, 3D.

She has to be seen in public with you - isn't that nerdy enough?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Thursday 1900, 3D.

May I suggest this outfit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Leia%27s_bikini#/media/File:Princess_Leia_bikini-Return_of_the_Jedi_(1983).jpg

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius