News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: viper37 on November 03, 2015, 04:46:25 PM
Remember a few years ago, I believe it was the Onion, they made a joke about "the popular Iron Man trailer being adapted into a movie".  I laughed.  I guess many of you did too.

Guess what?  Now we have the trailer for the trailer...
http://pix-geeks.com/warcraft-bande-annonce-15-secondes/
(bottom of the page for the video)
15 seconds of footage that ends with "Watch the worldwide trailer debut Friday".

:rolleyes:

Teaser trailers have been here for a while already.

viper37

a teaser for a movie before the official and longer trailer, yes.  But a teaser for a trailer, this is the first time I've seen it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

They're just saying "Watch the trailer for more!" It's still a teaser for the movie(or game?)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on November 03, 2015, 07:42:04 PM
a teaser for a movie before the official and longer trailer, yes.  But a teaser for a trailer, this is the first time I've seen it.
Then you haven't been looking much.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2015, 07:49:57 PM
They're just saying "Watch the trailer for more!" It's still a teaser for the movie(or game?)
trailer is out Friday at Blizzcon.  And it's a movie about a video game, not to be confused with a video game about a movie.  See the first one has generally produced very bad movie while the second has produced really bad games most of the times.  Totally different.  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

They have been doing this "trailer of the trailer" malarkey quite often recently. I recall seeing it for Ant-Man, Avengers and Star Wars this year.

Syt

Yeah, teasers have become pretty common, hyping up for the "full length" trailers that are 1 to 3 minutes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Hey, there's a new series of Fargo, wonder how it'll work out. Watched the first episode...ok so far..... will give it a go.
My mother: "How can there be a new Fargo, he's dead."
Me: "eh?"
Mother: "Fargo. He died in the last one"
Me: "...you watched the whole series and think the main character is called Fargo?....Fargo is a place...."
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2015, 04:45:43 AM
Hey, there's a new series of Fargo, wonder how it'll work out. Watched the first episode...ok so far..... will give it a go.
My mother: "How can there be a new Fargo, he's dead."
Me: "eh?"
Mother: "Fargo. He died in the last one"
Me: "...you watched the whole series and think the main character is called Fargo?....Fargo is a place...."

So this runs in the family?

celedhring

To be frank, Billy Bob Thornton's character had a similar-sounding name to "Fargo". Moms are great at mishearing names.

Darth Wagtaros

Muppets continues to kick ass.
PDH!

Savonarola

Mystery in the Bermuda Triangle (1979)

Iran and Mexico are going to sign a treaty in order to exchange nuclear technology in Bermuda (Thanks, Jimmy Carter!) but a fanatical nationalist of an unnamed country wants to kill the Iranian princess so that Iran will be forced to sign the treat with his country instead.  Fortunately the princess is a friend of Santo; he, Blue Demon and Mil Mascaras agree to be her covert body guards.  Plus there's Atlantis, there's always Atlantis.

Santo was 62 when this film was made, so the fighting is remarkably lame.  The only worthwhile fight scene is where the Iranian princess repeatedly kicks the terrorist's ass; it's quite possibly the most satisfying scenes in the history of Mexican cinema.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Bridge of Spies.

At last, a movie that recognizes that lawyers engaged in difficult negotiations on behalf of clients are the real heroes!  :showoff:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Jay Leno trying to fill the Top Gear gap with Jay Leno's Garage.

He seems to be a pretty good driver actually. The first couple episodes were interesting, but this kind of show can flame out once the ideas run out. We'll see.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers