News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

It definitely could have used some editing.  A 2 hour 20 film doesn't need long pointless riding through the desert footage.  Still, not terrible.  A C+.

Nice eye candy.

Syt

So a good friend just told me that he hated Mad Max Fury Road because it had too little story, too little dialogue and too much action.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2015, 05:43:25 AM
So a good friend just told me that he hated Mad Max Fury Road because it had too little story, too little dialogue and too much action.
is he on Languish?  He should be.  He reminds me of someone here...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

:lol: No.

He tries to get me excited for the new Star Wars Battlefront, though. Maybe he's just a bad influence. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2015, 09:20:25 AM
:lol: No.

He tries to get me excited for the new Star Wars Battlefront, though. Maybe he's just a bad influence. :unsure:

:unsure: I sorta excited for the new upcoming SWBF.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

I'm looking forward to open beta next weekend.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Besides prettier graphics I've seen nothing that convinces me that it's a superior game to Battlefront II; besides, I'm not a big fan of multiplayer focused titles.
—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2015, 09:48:46 AM
Besides prettier graphics I've seen nothing that convinces me that it's a superior game to Battlefront II; besides, I'm not a big fan of multiplayer focused titles.

I'm OK with simply a new SWBFII, that game was great fun on the PS2. I will get a PS4 in the next month, the new SWBF and COD BlOps III will be my first 2 games (prob only ones).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Jurassic World - Meh. Not good, not terrible either. All the characters were pretty hateable/stupid (except Pratt's), so I was firmly rooting for the dinosaurs.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on October 02, 2015, 03:59:42 PM
I was firmly rooting for the dinosaurs.

That is exactly the comment I heard from a movie critic when the movie was released.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2015, 05:43:25 AM

Pretty much sums that movie up.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I kind of found that movie depressing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on October 02, 2015, 03:59:42 PM
Jurassic World - Meh. Not good, not terrible either. All the characters were pretty hateable/stupid (except Pratt's), so I was firmly rooting for the dinosaurs.

Including, for me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Back from Sicario.

Beautifully shot by Roger Deakins, 1st time screenplay written by actor from Sons of Anarchy.
Best film I've seen so far this year.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son