News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

That film starring Ryan Reynolds, that Celery's bud wrote, anyone know how it is doing?  I'm curious if my prediction of box office disaster was correct.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on October 02, 2015, 07:52:45 PM
Back from Sicario.

Beautifully shot by Roger Deakins, 1st time screenplay written by actor from Sons of Anarchy.
Best film I've seen so far this year.

I still find it kind of weird that Emily Blunt is turning into an action hero.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2015, 08:02:22 PM
That film starring Ryan Reynolds, that Celery's bud wrote, anyone know how it is doing?  I'm curious if my prediction of box office disaster was correct.

If you mean Mississipi Grind, it's only in limited release.  It's supposed to be a good throwback to New Hollywood-style character-driven crap, though.

Quote from: katmaiBack from Sicario.

Beautifully shot by Roger Deakins, 1st time screenplay written by actor from Sons of Anarchy.

I've been looking forward to it, might see it Sunday or Monday.

Going to go see The Martian in about thirty minutes. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2015, 08:15:41 PM
If you mean Mississipi Grind, it's only in limited release.

I was talking about Self/less.

Got a 6.5/10 on IMBd.

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2015, 08:15:41 PM

Going to go see The Martian in about thirty minutes. :)

I thought about double feature with that, but couldn't sit that long.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2015, 08:02:22 PM

It did indeed do pretty badly. His career seems fine since he has other Hollywood stuff lined up.

katmai

Had you  mention they did Carriers as well? I can't recall.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2015, 05:49:13 PM
Quote from: celedhring on October 02, 2015, 03:59:42 PM
Jurassic World - Meh. Not good, not terrible either. All the characters were pretty hateable/stupid (except Pratt's), so I was firmly rooting for the dinosaurs.

Including, for me.

I can see why you would say that, but I think he gives some life to the lame stock dialogue and character he's given.

Ideologue

Heck, I thought he made some of it worse; I think I wrote something along the lines of "With his attitude, it's honestly surprising he never gets around to punching Claire in the face."  And don't get me wrong, I like Chris Pratt.  I think he brought a lot to The LEGO Movie, and he's one of the key components to making Guardians work, too.

Anyway, The Martian was pretty good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Yeah, when they kiss it's like one of the most forced and unearned onscreen romances I have seen in a while. But Pratt remains the only human character I don't want to die horribly during the whole movie.

The film has some decent action though. Didn't care much for the monster mash at the end, but the "The Birds" scene starring the pterodactyls was rather cool.

Josquius

I thought the Martian wasn't out till January.
Interesting
██████
██████
██████

Syt

If you're looking for trash TV, bad b-movies, crappy direct to video movies, Super Mario Bros. Super Show, He-Man or 1930s Flash Gordon series, it  seems this site has you covered: http://www.contv.com/browse-movie/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on October 03, 2015, 04:16:17 AM
Yeah, when they kiss it's like one of the most forced and unearned onscreen romances I have seen in a while. But Pratt remains the only human character I don't want to die horribly during the whole movie.

I liked B.D. Wong.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

My post karaoke movie last night was Pulp Fiction and I had the great good fortune to jump right into the watch up the ass scene.

viper37

Quote from: katmai on October 02, 2015, 07:52:45 PM
Back from Sicario.

I so wanted to see that!  It seems Villeneuve can be a good director with americans helping him write the story.  I'll have to wait for DVD release I guess.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.