News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Did you look up those movies or find them browsing?

Netflix has a lot of movies, but when looking for a particular one they almost never have it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 27, 2015, 06:02:08 PM
Did you look up those movies or find them browsing?

Netflix has a lot of movies, but when looking for a particular one they almost never have it.

By search.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2015, 07:21:14 PM
Is it possible to stream B5?
Not in Canada, afaik.  Not legally anyway. :shutup:

You could buy the DVD set.  It's a tad dated, but still good.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on August 27, 2015, 05:49:04 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 27, 2015, 05:31:52 PM
They have a much better selection of discs than streaming content.
If you say so. I've been quite happy with amazon instant vids. Been watching a lot of older movies.

Just watched Soylent Green, Omega Man, and Westworld last week.

Hopefully The Boys from Brazil and Paths of Glory next week.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to watch those movies.  :)

And for a quality contrast, I just watch 'Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires' - not exactly Hammers finest moment.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Anyone seen Straight Outta Compton

celedhring

The Galaxy Quest series has landed at Amazon.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/27/galaxy-quest-tv-series-amazon

I love the movie, hope they can make a good series out of it. No word on the cast, but the original writer and director are returning.

KRonn

Galaxy Quest  - great movie! Should make for a hilarious series.   :)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: 11B4V on August 27, 2015, 05:29:29 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 27, 2015, 04:59:55 PM
I am officially entering the land of the Blu-Ray.  I snagged a Samsung player for $41 off Amazon Warehouse Deals.  I think I am going to stick to renting them from Netflix, though. :P

Welcome to the last decade. Try streaming HD and you wont have to screw with all those discs. :P

Actually, I got it for the movies I can't stream over Netflix because the Netflix Blu-Ray plans are cheaper than Amazon pay-per-view.  :blurgh:  Plus, some stuff just isn't streamable by any means for whatever reason.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on August 27, 2015, 07:57:35 PM

That is too bad.  The last time I looked at getting the DVDs they were way more expensive then I was prepared to pay.

dps

Quote from: mongers on August 27, 2015, 08:13:57 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 27, 2015, 05:49:04 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 27, 2015, 05:31:52 PM
They have a much better selection of discs than streaming content.
If you say so. I've been quite happy with amazon instant vids. Been watching a lot of older movies.

Just watched Soylent Green, Omega Man, and Westworld last week.

Hopefully The Boys from Brazil and Paths of Glory next week.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to watch those movies.  :)

And for a quality contrast, I just watch 'Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires' - not exactly Hammers finest moment.  :(

I've seen 'em all, but it's been a long time since I've watched any of them except Westworld, and in the case of Soylent Green, I saw it on broadcast TV and it was obviously badly edited for time.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2015, 10:48:01 AM

That is too bad.  The last time I looked at getting the DVDs they were way more expensive then I was prepared to pay.
Amazon.ca sells them for 160$, Ebay has prices between 110-130$.  Look for the "Complete series + movies" set.

Otherwise, it takes some work to get access to Amazon instant video from Canada, it requires the use of a VPN, it's still possible your credit card will be rejected, and it's totally not legal to do it in Canada, just as with Netflix US and Hulu Plus, so I can not tell you how to do it on this board, under the watchful eye of our favourite crown prosecutor :P
But if you search the web, you will find detailed instructions.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2015, 12:38:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2015, 10:48:01 AM

Amazon.ca sells them for 160$, Ebay has prices between 110-130$.  Look for the "Complete series + movies" set.

Otherwise, it takes some work to get access to Amazon instant video from Canada, it requires the use of a VPN, it's still possible your credit card will be rejected, and it's totally not legal to do it in Canada, just as with Netflix US and Hulu Plus, so I can not tell you how to do it on this board, under the watchful eye of our favourite crown prosecutor :P
But if you search the web, you will find detailed instructions.

I only enforce criminal law. -_-

Besides, we have two Apple TVs in our house - one normal, and one using a VPN to get US Netflix.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

The Theory of Everything. I found it rather depressing, though I don't think it was meant to be.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?