TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on August 27, 2015, 10:00:39 AM
Quote from: celedhring on August 27, 2015, 09:56:09 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 27, 2015, 09:20:29 AM
What Klingon chick?  :huh:

The actress who played Jadzia Dax was hotter, but the symbiote thing kinda creeps me out.

Not an issue here, have had weirder shags than her.

Okay, now I'm curious.  :lol:

That is how it started with Peter

Josquius

The actress who played Jadzia Dax was hotter, but the symbiote thing kinda creeps me out.
She was alright....but considering she was cast in a role that specifically called for a hot girl....

I quite liked the trill symbiote thing. Usually worm aliens that go inside your body are evil and take over. The whole joint person thing and a mutual agreement... Its a nice change
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on August 27, 2015, 10:00:39 AM
Quote from: celedhring on August 27, 2015, 09:56:09 AM

Not an issue here, have had weirder shags than her.

Okay, now I'm curious.  :lol:

She had a puppet hidden inside her fridge and she talked to him while I pretended to be asleep.

celedhring

Date Night on the Spanish telly tonight. I like Carell and Fey a lot, but the reviews for this one don't make it look too good. Yay or nay?

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on August 27, 2015, 02:07:03 PM
Date Night on the Spanish telly tonight. I like Carell and Fey a lot, but the reviews for this one don't make it look too good. Yay or nay?

It's a fun, silly movie nothing more.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on August 27, 2015, 02:05:09 PM
She had a puppet hidden inside her fridge and she talked to him while I pretended to be asleep.

"What's that you said, Fridge Puppet? Kill my date and put his head in the fridge? But last time you said I didn't have to do that any more!"
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on August 27, 2015, 02:05:09 PM

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Ride the High Country. Joel McCrea and Randolph Scott are old friends hired to transport some gold from a mining camp to a bank. But they have different ideas on what to do with the gold... It's kind of predictable, but still a decent movie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Date Night is pretty bad, but Carell and Fey manage to make it watchable.

Berkut

Anyone seen Trainwreck? Is it any good? I really like Schumer.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I am officially entering the land of the Blu-Ray.  I snagged a Samsung player for $41 off Amazon Warehouse Deals.  I think I am going to stick to renting them from Netflix, though. :P

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on August 27, 2015, 04:59:26 PM
Anyone seen Trainwreck? Is it any good? I really like Schumer.

Yes.  It was good.  Not absolutely fantastic or anything, but good.  Heavy on the comedy, fairly light on the romance.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 27, 2015, 04:59:55 PM
I am officially entering the land of the Blu-Ray.  I snagged a Samsung player for $41 off Amazon Warehouse Deals.  I think I am going to stick to renting them from Netflix, though. :P

Welcome to the last decade. Try streaming HD and you wont have to screw with all those discs. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

They have a much better selection of discs than streaming content.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 27, 2015, 05:31:52 PM
They have a much better selection of discs than streaming content.
If you say so. I've been quite happy with amazon instant vids. Been watching a lot of older movies.

Just watched Soylent Green, Omega Man, and Westworld last week.

Hopefully The Boys from Brazil and Paths of Glory next week.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".