News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: celedhring on May 18, 2015, 04:23:00 PM
Wow, I had been forewarned, but Green Lantern is truly awful.
:nelson:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2015, 04:48:45 PM
MadMen.....I remember that Coke commercial. :(

That was a good bit. Probably be the only thing anyone remembers about the episode ten years from now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Are the last three seasons of Mad Men worth my time? I kind of gave up/lost interest.

Eddie Teach

I thought it was ok up until the last half season, when they stop coming up with semi-interesting new story lines and try to skate by on nostalgia.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

After watching Patti Motherfucking LuPone's tour de force on the last episode, I have to conclude Penny Dreadful is the best tv series on tv right now. :cheers:

crazy canuck

Mad Max - Go see it.  Very much worth the money to see it on the big screen in 3D with the big sound.

lustindarkness

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2015, 10:32:51 AM
Mad Max - Go see it.  Very much worth the money to see it on the big screen in 3D with the big sound.

I'm half tempted to spend the money and watch it again, in 3D this time.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 10:37:55 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2015, 10:32:51 AM

I'm half tempted to spend the money and watch it again, in 3D this time.

The 3D was very good.  Not overdone but added nice highlights to some scenes.  Also the landscape and distance shots were amazing.

Ideologue

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).  I think it did have some problems, but nothing that kept me from loving it, and though it's merely great on one watch, I suspect (and hope) it will only get better when I go see it again and achieve the super-classic status for me that everyone else has already awarded it.  Hell, it's already my second favorite movie of the year so far.  A (trending toward an A+)

(Basically, it needed less cutty editing and more of that dude with the guitar.  I'm ambivalent on the pristine cinematography and the CGI centerpiece is growing on me the more I think about it.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ideologue on May 19, 2015, 03:37:24 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).  I think it did have some problems, but nothing that kept me from loving it, and though it's merely great on one watch, I suspect (and hope) it will only get better when I go see it again and achieve the super-classic status for me that everyone else has already awarded it.  Hell, it's already my second favorite movie of the year so far.  A (trending toward an A+)

(Basically, it needed less cutty editing and more of that dude with the guitar.  I'm ambivalent on the pristine cinematography and the CGI centerpiece is growing on me the more I think about it.)

A+ or go home.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Habbaku

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).

"In two essential regards, however, Fury Road does exactly what it's predecessors did so well, but even better"

:hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

You got me?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on May 19, 2015, 04:28:33 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).

"In two essential regards, however, Fury Road does exactly what it's predecessors did so well, but even better"

:hmm:

Meh, I had made that error for the longest time.  People get riled up about it, but I think with the possessive "'s", it's a fairly understandable, and forgivable, mistake.  Certainly far more so than the "there, they're, their" controversy.

Ideologue

It's [IT IS] probably an artifact of editing on my phone, which has a very aggresive autocorrect feature.  Either way, jeez. :P
Kinemalogue