News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Norgy on May 13, 2015, 02:42:08 PM
I tried to like "Episodes" on Showtime with Matt LeBlanc, Stephen Mangan and the lovely Tamsin Grieg.
Despite it being quite funny, and LeBlanc poking fun at himself, it wasn't worth several seasons.

One.

First season was good...went downhill quickly
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

The Jem & The Holograms trailer came out today and it looks like just a generic angsty pre-teen girl movie. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2015, 05:29:02 PM
The Jem & The Holograms trailer came out today and it looks like just a generic angsty pre-teen girl movie. :weep:

You'll have to rediscover the angsty pre-teen girl that liked the original cartoon.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

I loved that cartoon as a kid  :blush:

Yeah, the trailer looks awfully generic. And no Misfits on sight either.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 13, 2015, 05:34:50 PM

You'll have to rediscover the angsty pre-teen girl that liked the original cartoon.  :P

Nah, he was just a young boy who didn't know how fabulous he was going to become. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Are there any 80s shows left that they haven't trashed yet? Gummi Bears, maybe?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

celedhring

garbon

Popples though apparently the internet has informed me that Netflix will be debuting a reboot tv series. Scraping bottom of the barrel much? :D

Eddie Teach

I've never heard of that show. Looks similar to the Wuzzles.

Ideologue

Finally took Sheilbh up on a Douglas Sirk melodrama.  Watched All That Heaven Allows (1955) and loved it.  A
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Seen Ex Machina; a bit disappointed. It's a decent film, but I probably got caught in the hype. There's just lots of navel-gazing and mumbo-jumbo to dress up what's ultimately a rather basic vamp girl story.

lustindarkness

Mad Mad Fury Road. Visually beautiful, perfect music, brutal non stop chase through the desert. Go and watch it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom