News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Was checking show times for Mad Max and noticed "Descriptive Narration" next to the title.

Does that mean audio for blind people to listen along? :unsure:

Tonitrus

Syt

You occasionally get that for TV movies here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Got dragged to Pitch Perfect 2  :bleeding:

I guess that's what women watch instead of Adam Sandler movies. I'll still take Sandler.

Valmy

Pitch Perfect 1 was unbelievably stupid. I cannot believe they made a sequel.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I thought 1 was watchable, if nothing to write home about.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on May 22, 2015, 03:19:13 PM

I guess that's what women watch instead of Adam Sandler movies. I'll still take Sandler.

You can have both.

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 22, 2015, 03:35:02 PM
Quote from: celedhring on May 22, 2015, 03:19:13 PM

You can have both.

Nah, in Pitch Perfect 2 they spend all the time talking about gross stuff that's about to happen, or gross stuff that has already happened; but you never actually see it happen. At least Sandler follows through.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I just rewatched Hot Fuzz.

I have got to say - that movie just might make my top ten of all time list.

A+
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Probationary period Beeb.  Pull that thought back before it's etched in stone and it gets counted against you.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on May 23, 2015, 12:16:44 AM
I just rewatched Hot Fuzz.

I have got to say - that movie just might make my top ten of all time list.

A+

I loved it myself, probably not to such an extent as you do, but it's a great parody of action films.

The Larch

I finally watched Mad Max last night. What a lovely day. There was one guy in the credits tasked with "Wheels and skulls" or somesuch. Says everything about the movie that you want to know.