News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Only three times as big as Columbia. Don't think you'll notice much difference, except people will talk funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Eddie Teach, you made my day. :)  I thought it was like ten times bigger with people packed like sardine, like in Soylent Green or The Crowd.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Well, guess that depends on how close you want to live. The city of Pittsburgh has a density of 5k/sq mile while the Pittsburgh metro area is only 400/sq mile(which is lower than Atlanta metro density).

Ideologue

We're looking for something near Dead Steel Worker University.

5k per square mile is 4.998k too many. :( ( :P )
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Caught up to ep 9 of Better Call Saul.

[spoiler]I expected he would go on to lose the case to Hamelin - he can't succeed in this kind of big respectable case if he's gonna become Saul Goodman. I sort of expected the brother to betray him (seemed the only way he could lose the case), so the events didn't really come as a surprise to me, but the depth of Chuck's double-facedness and disdain was unexpected. I hope this is the kick up the arse Jim needs to become Saul. Also, Mike rocks.[/spoiler]

Admiral Yi

Open question:

What is the best spinoff TV series of all time?

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2015, 10:29:20 AM
Open question:

What is the best spinoff TV series of all time?

Does The Simpsons count? If so, it's gotta be that.

Admiral Yi

Discussion killed.  Great.  :glare:

Remind me what it was spun off from.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2015, 10:33:22 AM

Remind me what it was spun off from.

Well, it started as short films part of the Tracey Ullman Show.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2015, 10:33:22 AM

I would put Frasier ahead of The Simpsons.

Caprica probably would've been a personal contender if it had lasted.

celedhring

Frasier is definitely my second pick after The Simpsons. Loved that show. Seen it used as a model to teach sitcom writing.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Too bad the actor playing Frasier is such a douche - it now spoils all the fun of watching Frasier for me.

Sheilbh

If you took that attitude to all actors it would be impossible to enjoy, say, Transformers :o
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2015, 10:25:08 AM
Caught up to ep 9 of Better Call Saul.

[spoiler]I expected he would go on to lose the case to Hamelin - he can't succeed in this kind of big respectable case if he's gonna become Saul Goodman. I sort of expected the brother to betray him (seemed the only way he could lose the case), so the events didn't really come as a surprise to me, but the depth of Chuck's double-facedness and disdain was unexpected. I hope this is the kick up the arse Jim needs to become Saul. Also, Mike rocks.[/spoiler]

I agree with you [spoiler] on the progression of Mike's career into Saul Goodman that this case would cause when he got betrayed. He's basically been told by his brother, and others, that he's not worthy of being a good, respectable lawyer. I was surprised at his brother's double dealing though, but did feel that the guys at Hamelin would  find some way to shut him out. Mike does rock, yeah. That's a whole interesting part of this show, a separate story line but which will mesh together at times for some entertaining mayhem. [/spoiler]