News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2014, 12:40:39 AM
Incidentally, I don't know if this works for foreigners, but I thought it may be of interest:
http://player.bfi.org.uk/

FYI, the BFI has its own YouTube channel, where a lot of the same content is posted for US viewers.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 05, 2014, 01:11:45 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2014, 12:40:39 AM
Incidentally, I don't know if this works for foreigners, but I thought it may be of interest:
http://player.bfi.org.uk/

FYI, the BFI has its own YouTube channel, where a lot of the same content is posted for US viewers.
Oh good. I was browsing their horror selection (Blood on Satan's Claw!) and wondered if Ide had seen it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2014, 01:29:13 AM(Blood on Satan's Claw!)

Is that a euphemism for sex with virgins? A movie extolling the horrors of pre-marital sex?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

You think that looks decent?  :lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Please no not a re-image.  :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on December 05, 2014, 12:50:51 PM

Even if you completely disregarded the other Terminator films, it just looks a pretty damn generic action film. A bus flipping over? You're releasing a 2015 action tentpole and that's your money shot?

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2014, 01:19:12 PM

Even if you completely disregarded the other Terminator films, it just looks a pretty damn generic action film. A bus flipping over? You're releasing a 2015 action tentpole and that's your money shot?
Hey, Americans really don't like busses.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Reminds us of school days.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 05, 2014, 02:41:05 PM
Is it a reboot?

Doesn't look like it, more like an altered timeline, where Kyle Reese and the T-800 are sent back to the time of the original movie, only Sarah Connor is already prepared, and there's a T-1000 and an aged Arnie type T-800 running around.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2014, 03:06:51 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 05, 2014, 02:41:05 PM
Is it a reboot?

Doesn't look like it, more like an altered timeline, where Kyle Reese and the T-800 are sent back to the time of the original movie, only Sarah Connor is already prepared, and there's a T-1000 and an aged Arnie type T-800 running around.

Dafuq? I'll have to watch that trailer.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

I dunno, after seeing that trailer, I think it could work.  Sure it almost seems like a reboot, but since time travel is such a scientifically fucked-up idea anyway, I don't see a problem playing around with it to this extent.

Now of course, there will be lots of other qualitative factors yet to consider to see if it will be a decent flick.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2014, 01:19:12 PM

The trailer looks ok, although I kind of hope the effects aren't finished yet, given that they look worse than 1991's, or 2003's.

T3's car chase, iirc, used a lot of really awesome practical effects and real vehicles.  Looks amazing and all by itself justifies that unfairly derided movie.  (Even if the ending already didn't, which it totally did.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Great. I love Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec but he's incredibly winning here, it's very impressive.

Also Vin Diesel's best ever role.
Let's bomb Russia!