News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Incidentally does the post-credits thing mean we'll get a Howard the Duck reboot? One ideally without a sex scene :weep: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Everything stated so far is no.  Howard was just making a cameo in Guardians for fan benefit.

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2014, 12:22:22 AM
Incidentally does the post-credits thing mean we'll get a Howard the Duck reboot? One ideally without a sex scene :weep: :bleeding:

I want to see Lea Thompson get corkscrewed.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Yes.  Ducks have corkscrew penises.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2014, 11:50:37 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy.

Great. I love Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec but he's incredibly winning here, it's very impressive.

Also Vin Diesel's best ever role.

He peaked in Saving Private Ryan.

Tonitrus

Remember the Night.

Prosecutor Fred MacMurray, in a gesture of kindness, bails out a female shoplifter over Christmas.  And ends up taking her home to mom.

And damn, 1940's Barbara Stanwyck is hot as balls.

katmai

Chris Pratt wasn't in SPR. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 06, 2014, 02:46:12 AM
Remember the Night.

Prosecutor Fred McMurray, in a gesture of kindness, bails out a female shoplifter over Christmas.  And ends up taking her home to mom.

CONCUR.
Kinemalogue

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on December 06, 2014, 02:46:28 AM
I do believe he was talking about Vin Diesel as Private Caparzo.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2014, 11:07:19 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2014, 01:19:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 05, 2014, 12:50:51 PM
You think that looks decent?  :lol:

Even if you completely disregarded the other Terminator films, it just looks a pretty damn generic action film. A bus flipping over? You're releasing a 2015 action tentpole and that's your money shot?

The trailer looks ok, although I kind of hope the effects aren't finished yet, given that they look worse than 1991's, or 2003's.

T3's car chase, iirc, used a lot of really awesome practical effects and real vehicles.  Looks amazing and all by itself justifies that unfairly derided movie.  (Even if the ending already didn't, which it totally did.)

I like T3, actually. It just not as good as the previous two but definitely an above average blockbuster film. Liked the ending a lot myself.

What's more weird about the trailer for T5 is all the borrowing and recycling of stuff from the old movies, with some asinine twist to justify it. "Kyle Reese goes to save Sarah Connor again... but now she kicks ass! We face the T1000 again... but now he's Asian! The T800 shows up again... but now he's old!"

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 06, 2014, 05:37:13 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 06, 2014, 02:46:28 AM
I do believe he was talking about Vin Diesel as Private Caparzo.

Thanks for fucking it all up BA.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 06, 2014, 02:47:38 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 06, 2014, 02:46:12 AM
Remember the Night.

Prosecutor Fred McMurray, in a gesture of kindness, bails out a female shoplifter over Christmas.  And ends up taking her home to mom.

CONCUR.

Oh, hells yeah.  Serious hardcore Republican, though.  But that just makes it hotter.

Ed Anger

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

I'd give 1982 Phoebe Cates an abortion.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive