Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 06, 2014, 09:44:35 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 06, 2014, 08:59:33 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 23, 2014, 10:24:24 AM
I've decided I need to watch all the Marvel movies I've missed.

I've made a list :

Captain America : The First Avenger
The Avengers(I think I've seen that one but not sure)
Iron Man 3
The Wolverine
Thor The Dark World
Captain America Winter Soldier
Xmen Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy

No Spiderman, because fuck Sony & that unnecessary reboot.

Watched the Captain & Avengers. I roll my eyes all the time, while being great fun, I just can't get past the fact that these people never seem to sleep!

Or use the bathroom.

I have the same issue with Sons of Anarchy.

Dudes haven't slept in 3 years and the only time they do is when they get thrown into jail.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 06, 2014, 10:10:53 AM

Dudes haven't slept in 3 years and the only time they do is when they get thrown into jail.

The Law of Conservation of Detail

Grey Fox

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 06, 2014, 10:47:04 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 06, 2014, 10:10:53 AM

The Law of Conservation of Detail

You don't have to show us but you could atleast give an hint of time passing. Kids are also a big time sink in one's life and yet they are ignored the moment they don't really fit the plot.

The Larch

Grey Fox

I don't know why this is happenning to me. It's not like I've started watching TV show this week.

I blame homeland & how they handle the daughter. Unrealastic kids just annoy me now.

Martinus

Malthus

Another cartoon from the 50s I bet they don't show on Saturday mornings any more.

Tom & Jerry - Blue Cat Blues. Mysogeny, alcoholism, suicide.

Tom falls in love with a gold-digging puss, sells himself into slavery, takes to drink, decides to commit suicide.

Jerry is the sympathetic friend trying to stop Tom from going down the drain - until he discovers his GF is also cheating on him. Then, he decides to join him.

They sit on the railroad tracks, you hear a train comming - and then, it ... ends.  :cry:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9287149/tom_and_jerry_blue_cat_blues_episode_103_watchcartoononline_us/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

I think I've seen that on Cartoon Network fairly recently.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2014, 06:53:47 PM
Another cartoon from the 50s I bet they don't show on Saturday mornings any more.

Tom & Jerry - Blue Cat Blues. Mysogeny, alcoholism, suicide.

Tom falls in love with a gold-digging puss, sells himself into slavery, takes to drink, decides to commit suicide.

Jerry is the sympathetic friend trying to stop Tom from going down the drain - until he discovers his GF is also cheating on him. Then, he decides to join him.

They sit on the railroad tracks, you hear a train comming - and then, it ... ends.  :cry:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9287149/tom_and_jerry_blue_cat_blues_episode_103_watchcartoononline_us/

Heh in "Feline Follies" (from 1919) Felix the Cat inhales gas after learning his girlfriend has a dozen kittens (THE STRUMPET!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOaZXcNLCA
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Will Interstellar suck or rock?  I have no idea, but it's really fucking long.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on November 06, 2014, 07:36:02 PM
Will Interstellar suck or rock?  I have no idea, but it's really fucking long.

we can hope

93 imdb
72 RT
73 MC
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

:lol:  I was reading some early reviews, and that was the first thing I thought.

Syt

I read a review that summed up Interstellar as silly, scientifically badly researched, overwrought and pseudo-dramatical, but hillarious fun because of it which actually might make me watch it, even though it's a Nolan movie.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2014, 10:00:51 PM
Ide is gonna hate it.

Needs more long takes and better costume design.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson